Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
the Gixxer is BACK!
1,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my bike acts up (ie. idles low and dies when throttle is applie sometimes) when the temperature outside is around 90 and 50%+ humidity, when the temp and humidity is below this it runs like a champ. Its just like clockwork once the weather hits this point, so my question is, how can I remedy this? Fiddle with the mixture screws? Any ideas? Its rideable, just annoying!:nuts:

·
the Gixxer is BACK!
1,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
not sure yet since I noticed the problem was worse since we entered this heatwave today, so tonight I'm just researching and tomorrow I'll break into them hopefully.

·
All star !!!
6,714 Posts
carbs too rich in my opinion..lean it out a little and should run fine. :rock:

·
the Gixxer is BACK!
1,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I stuck in some new jets yesterday (Sunday)...and woooo mamma!!! Its like a whole new bike now, I thought it was scary fast before, its insane now, throttle response is sooooo crisp and predictable too. It idles soooo nice that when you're at a light you can't even feel the engine running (not bad for a carbed bike!!) and today we're sitting at around 85 with at least 90% humidity and she's running awesome!

·
All star !!!
6,714 Posts
Now just watch though.....keep those jets you took out......when winter comes, it may run like crap, and you'll have to put those back in. I have heard from a couple different guys, that they run one set for hot humid months, and another set for the cooler, rest of the year. FWIW;)

·
the Gixxer is BACK!
1,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Now just watch though.....keep those jets you took out......when winter comes, it may run like crap, and you'll have to put those back in. I have heard from a couple different guys, that they run one set for hot humid months, and another set for the cooler, rest of the year. FWIW;)

I went from running DJ116 jets to DJ120, I never throw away jets, if I can't use em, I'm sure someone else can in a pinch.

·
the Gixxer is BACK!
1,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I will thanks, prefer it over your computer controlled crap....may as well tell you when to take a shit too..... love starting shitwars with your little comments I see....If you have nothing good to add then shut your fuckin mouth.

·
GURU
4,412 Posts
I will thanks, prefer it over your computer controlled crap....may as well tell you when to take a shit too..... love starting shitwars with your little comments I see....If you have nothing good to add then shut your fuckin mouth.
Whatever dude...have a clue what your talking about before you open your mouth.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts