Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I ordered this inline temp gauge thinking it would be a nice looking way to keep an eye on the temp of my motor while keeping my triple clean of extra clutter.

It is for 3/4" tube ( which I thought my radiator tube was) and my radiator tube is 1". I was thinking that I could probably buy some 3/4" tube and put it on the gauge and then slide that inside the 1" tube and clamp it down with the hose clamps. So here are my 2 questions

1. Do you think that this will work and seal the line?

2. Will running the fluid through the 3/4" slow down the coolant enough to cause any negative effects on the motor? (basically do you think this could hurt my motor any?)

I just put a new (to me) motor in and don't want to do anything that might damage it but I would love to be able to use this temp gauge. Thanks in advance.

dj

·
more ideas than money
945 Posts
where did you get it and is it availble for 1 inch tube?

·
is not your fucking bro
7,216 Posts
you can by barbed reducers at napa for a few pennies. dont know about the flow. on a car we have restrictors before the heater core and they reduce flow but increase pressure

·
127 Posts
yep, any auto parts store should have the adapters.

on another note. Mr. Gasket just came out with a radiator cap that has a gauge built in. I'm not sure if it will fit or not, but I just ordered one for the CBRf2 that just blew it's head gasket. DOH. it didn't have a temp gauge and the temp sensor for the fan wasn't kicking the fan on and off. should have it in a couple days and I'll let everyone know if it fits or not.

http://www.jegs.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_10001_10002_874786_-1_10125

·
98 Posts
two240s - i have my fan on my f2 (well its an f3 motor, but still a f2 rad and fan, lol) wired up so it is always running - never had any cooling issues and no problem with the electrical drain (can't believe its much, never been an issue)

·
hack
729 Posts
cbr, so you have no temp sensor at all?? thats motivation enough for me...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts