Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Recent Transplant
2,664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wow. I found a great deal on this:

http://burlington.craigslist.org/mcy/340826847.html

I emailed the guy, thinking he'd want 3000-3500... Said he's looking to get around 2000! 2 other people VERY interested, so I might have to pay a bit more and I'd have to move quickly. I've always wanted a roadlegal enduro dualsport, whether to use on some trails and stuff or motard it out, and this looks like a great example. 2002, low miles, dealer maintained, all books and manuals, etc.

I am so tempted right now. I can make the purchase work for that price, as I have some cash squirreled away for a rainy day (originally going towards a house, but that could be a few years any way), but my main issue is the extra cost of insuring 2 bikes. What do you guys think? Is this a good deal for 2k? Are there things I should watch out for or ask about? The guy lives ~2 hours from me, so I think I'd have to do a look at/buy trip all in one...

·
688 Posts
If it checks out, and everything is good with the bike, go with it. He may not know what the bike is worth; you never can tell with people.

·
Abministrator
10,687 Posts
He may have gotten it cheap, and might only care about getting his money back.

Recently I bought a guitar at a flea market... It was easily worth over $300, but it was only marked $175.

I told the guy, "I only have $150 in cash right now."

He said that was good enough and I had a new guitar.

He told me that he knew it was a nice guitar and probaly worth more than I paid for it, but he didn't care. All he cared about was getting a little more than he paid for it.

I even told him what it was worth, and he was actually excited for me that I got such a great deal, and didn't care at all that he could've made more money on it.

It's hard to believe, but occassioanally, you do run into nice people out there :party-smiley:

·
the mad doctor
3,399 Posts
looks like a deal to me.

some people say that ktm's of a few years ago had alot of issues, but i've seen plenty of them running around, and i used to have a '97 620 duke. never had any problems with it at all. i believe the motors are basically the same between the two .

if it looks decent, and runs good, i'd say go for it! $2k sounds like a purty good steal.

·
Recent Transplant
2,664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks rico! You can just store it at my house, I've got plenty of room. :D

I think the guy said he got it new for 6800 or so, but said it has less than 300 road miles on it, plus moderate trail use, so I can't see what could be wrong with it. I will do some reading about these things obviously, but it seems like an awfully good deal. Just need to rationalize another bike to myself and the gf!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts