Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Threads should be titled with Your name, bike and project title (if you have one) for example: 929_Adam's CBR 929 - Project Sea Bee Arrrr

All entrants MUST post pictures showing the bike in its starting condition with legitimate proof of date in the picture - Newspaper is preferable.

Only the work done to the bike from the starting point until the final date will be judged. So any mods you already have will NOT be considered as part of your work done (however may still contribute to the final product of your bike so don't feel bad if you've already started).

We ask that everyone keep an updated log of their build process, documenting the modifications and processes along the way with pictures and descriptions to the best of your ability.

Please keep a running list of parts used and cost, including the bike, to create a cost list for the final post.

First posts cannot be made before Nov 1st. Final posts must be made BEFORE 12 am May 25th (eastern standard time USA) at the very latest. We also would like a quick video showing that the bike runs (or a whole bunch of pics to prove it)! Include pics of the final bike, PLEASE, take the bike out of the garage and snap a few good photos for us.

Remember, phones are for making phone calls. Cameras take pictures (except you smart phone nerds do get some decent quality photos).

Build threads are to be posted in ONLY by the buildoff entrant who started the thread. Discussion threads are for discussing, asking questions, leg humping etc. Keep your negative comments to yourself of course. Also, builders, please put links to your build and discussion threads in your signature for ease of browsing for everyone on CF!

The finished bikes will be submitted to a panel of Fighter Experts for the Pro's Choice award and posted up on the site with a poll for the People's Choice award judged by the forum!

Quick summary if you didn't read all that.

-Entries can be posted anytime after November 1st 2013 until the culmination of the build.

-Post your thread with your name, bike, and name of build (if you have one) example: 929_adam's 2000 CBR929RR - Sea Bee Arrrrrr

-Entrants must post pic showing beginning state of project with proof of date in pic (newspaper etc)

-Entrants must have a link in their signature linking to their build and discussion threads.

-Final threads must be posted before 12 am May 25th 2014 (US Eastern Standard Time) and consist of a full list of modifications, parts used, cost incurred, final pics and proof that the bike runs (preferably a video).

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
I can't wait to get home and start my thread

·
ShamanFighter
22,340 Posts
I wish I could Enter but Im not doing all the work to it

·
i cant fart
10,917 Posts

·
Rollin hard in Wiscompton
3,689 Posts
I'll be posting my starting point once I have time at home. I'm not even close to home and will only be there tomorrow to get ready for work lol. Maybe by Monday XD

·
watches you sleep.
9,116 Posts
I wish I could Enter but Im not doing all the work to it

Theres nothing in the rules that says you can't get help from other people. Most of us have someone else paint, powdercoat, machine parts, etc. You should go for it.

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
I'm sending my frame off to be done but besides that a some other welding I'll be doing all the work. Just cuz you can't do it all doesn't mean it wasn't your creation.

·
lɐʇuǝɯᴉɹǝdx&#4
3,516 Posts
Theres nothing in the rules that says you can't get help from other people. Most of us have someone else paint, powdercoat, machine parts, etc. You should go for it.
Guess that puts me in a minority; that crap is all my fault.

·
Premium Member
201 Posts
Give credit where credit is due. For anything from a local machine shop making a spacer or a buddy laying some beads for ya.

I can't build a cool enough bike otherwise I'd join in lol. Good luck to everyone!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

Reactions: 370steve

·
lɐʇuǝɯᴉɹǝdx&#4
3,516 Posts
I'm working on some laser cut skully keychains / zipper pulls - would there be interest in them as prizes / participation awards? Who handles that disbursement?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts