Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Fast ZX-12R
17,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About 2 weeks ago the wife and I were out riding and her oil light came on and the bike started making noise. She shut it down and we got it home. We trailered it to the dealership where she bought it and they fixed it under the warranty that we bought. The flywheel and connecting rods went bad. They rebuilt the whole motor. The bill was $3,328. We went and picked it up today. The thing runs like a clock. The only thing is when we got it home I was looking it over and noticed that they broke off 2 screws holding the ignition cover on and didn't take out the broken screws and replace them. Going to give them a call tomorrow and see what's up with that. If they can't repair it, I'm telling them they have to replace the whole piece.

·
Fast ZX-12R
17,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was surprised they got it back so quick. When they told me that they had to have a factory rep come and take a look at it warning bells went off. I thought here we go, this is going to be a fight to get them to stand behind it, but they got right on it and fixed it.

Reactions: oldrider

·
Watch the world burn
1,046 Posts
Thats cool. Glad they stepped up and fixed it. Sounds like good management, just need better mechanics. Hope she's back on the road soon man.

·
|||||||||||||||||||||||||
30,373 Posts
That is a hefty bill!

If they left broken screws visible, I just hope they didn't do something like that inside the engine.

That is why I hate having other people work on my stuff.

·
Fast ZX-12R
17,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Oil pump went south.

Reactions: oldrider

·
ShamanFighter
22,340 Posts
Dont you have to add oil every 500 miles anyways? LOL

I Keed..
Glad they Got it Done for ya under Warrantado. as far as broken screws go, get them to fix it or replace the piece. JUST because its warranty doesnt mean they should treat it any different

Remember folks with Warranties on Bikes... The time the Dealership gets paid to do a job under warranty is 1.5-3 times less than what they would charge if it wasnt under warranty and it takes the same amount of time, hence why a lot of dealers get really shitty when it comes to warranty.

·
re-tarded
1,283 Posts
What kind of bike was this?

·
Fast ZX-12R
17,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Dyna Superglide.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts