Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im Bryan. I am new to the 'fighter' scene but managed to start a 'rat-fighter' after stumbling on this site (and a few others). I bought a 96 CBR F3 for a great price. Mechanically it is in great shape but the plastics have seen better days. Since i'm not crazy about paying big $ to redo a bike that some consider a has-been, I'll see where this alternate path lead me.

Let's see....now pics huh?

I'll post some of before and progress to this point. My plan is to do the front end first and then plan the tail chop later this spring/summer.

Thanks again to all the SF Riders-

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
More Pics.....

What it was

...My quick and dirty 'rat-fighter' $5 make-over...

Fan on rectifier from p.o. - installed kill switch + battery connection for tender/cell/heated gear...

and what I like the least at the moment

Should I go with the Acerbis, try to make a custom front fairing, or can I find something cafe-racer/sporty and small to go on the stock headlight? Like enduro plastic?

any tips are welcome......

·
Administrator
50,493 Posts
welcom,looks good so far ,yep sort tha lamp out and yer almost there mate .:thumbsup:

·
CruiserTarded
458 Posts
Welcome to CF! i would definatley do something about that lamp, but stay away from the acebris and knock offs.... crap for lighting and over played. easiest setup would be either dual or single rounds, but there are other options too.

·
Super Moderator
3,004 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Welcome in!

^+1

Later, Doug
Just the feedback I'm looking for.

I'll look for a good single round. Anyone make one with a flyscreen like a sv650?

The gauges.... I got a trail tech on the 250 but the ignition is in the way on this one. Maybe i can refit the stock gauges somewhere? Or even better, a Small front fairing with controls or something? What's the best way to do this?

Lots of great bikes on this site! Hopefully I can get my f3 looking 'proper' lol

·
Cpt. Obvious
2,112 Posts
welcome to CF..

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
More pics....I'll probably paint a few engine parts flat red. Koso gauge in the mail. I'm at the point of labeling the wires and prepping the harness for the big tuck lol.

More to come. Keep riding naked!!!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
welcome buddie!nice rat !
is the virago o yurs? make something cool with she!
Yup. That's my Intruder 800 for moto-camping or cruising around town. I just added some Cobra pipes and a stage 1 jet kit. Otherwise im gonna keep her stock. One Frankenstein is enuff for now lol!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)

I hid the wires under the tank. I reconnected a few after I moved the harness, solder and heatshrink of course. I connected the Koso wires and ran those to the front with extended headlight wires and turn sigs.

I left the fuse box out for ez access. I gotta figure out a way to waterproof and secure it...

I made a quick and dirty gauge mount from an old moto-plate.

I killed the net and now i'm waiting for my CF Knuckes to arrive in the mail!

Front end now...

Bar-end mirrors and carbon fiber ends

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
That's probably it for me until the off season. I may attempt a tailchop and a can cut but i'm gonna ride it as much as possible. I'm still on the I.R. list for a few more weeks, had a crash and fractured my femur last month :wtf:

keep riding naked!

·
UnicycleMode
7,567 Posts
a bike that some consider a has-been

:wtf:

Those people apparently haven't owned anything more than a brand new liter bike.

A 600cc machine that was capable of running with the likes of Super Bike (Much closer in track performance to the RC than the 900RR by a long shot) in the mid 90's is still a pretty beastie machine today. My brothers 96 F3 was a rocket compared to the other 600 class machines I have ridden. Unless your comparing lap times from a very experienced rider there isn't much difference in the F3 and a great deal of race replica's built today. They are not much more powerful, nor are they light years better at handling. The F3 is a bike that seems to be overlooked due to the steel frame and relaxed ergo's but by far is an amazing machine capable of humbling even the most aggressive of riders.

The bike is looking good, not alot of people look at the F3 and decide to go the fighter route with it. I'll catch one for this, but I like them much more with the plastics on, a double bubble zero gravity screen and a 2004/5 GSXR600 tail swap. But that's just the racer in me dreaming of IOM and IRR. ;)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts