Slow updates, but I forgot to post some last week.
Since I was missing a couple of bolts, I went ahead and bought a box of misc bolts and parts on eBay.
$30 got me this:
Once sorted I got a good amount of misc bolts, except the brake master ones, which was stripped on mine :doh:
Couple of rusted exhaust bolts, which I threw in some CLR to see if it would help:
A lot of useable stuff anyway, like this plate thingy, which was missing on mine (no clue what it does), but it was in the box, so I putted it on.
Since the seat was removed I did the set valve mod, which is really cutting/removing 1 wire on the ecu, so I don't have an FI light for the stupid exhaust valve that doesn't open/close.
Clutch was pretty loose, so I adjusted it per the manual, which means loosen it at the bars, then adjust it down below. Then fine-tune at the bar.
Did a complete brake fluid flush, since the system didn't brake properly and had a lot of brownish stuff. This is what I used:
Even with worn pads, bleeding made a night and day difference. The front-master splurged some nastiness which reinforced the fact that this was much needed. (ordered pads too)
Cleaned and lubbed the chain, along with a quick wash with some engine degreaser foam:
Helped a little bit, not super clean, but much better than what it was. Then I wanted to get a feel for the bike in all black/gray. Will probably end up with a glossy black middle tank/tail and graphite side (like the tail fairing is right now)
So plastidip'd the tank - Wrapped the bike in plastic:
No matter how 'easy' it is to remove, There are a lot of open spaces on a bike that I wouldn't want this plastic stuff to get into.
After the 2nd (or 3rd) coat:
Finally 3rd (or 4th) coat:
The pros may already see it, but apparently I painted this more like regular paint, instead of plastidip method - Which means I went light coats after light coats, instead of 1 heavy coat then light coats. If you spray it from a distance, which is what I did, you end up with more of a rhino-liner type surface that isn't smooth.
This wasn't exactly what I wanted and I had no idea that it could end up like this. There are a couple of techniques to clean this mess, like 'Fonzie' here explains:
So that's what I'll be doing next, then getting temp plates, to get it passed inspection (out of state purchase) and finally ride that thing for a bit.
I already have some 'mask' idea for the front and purchased some lights. Once it's all running and legal I'll get started on the mask.
(I know it's not all that exciting, but eh...)