Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so if you ride this bike and you want to say why its badass, is is the thread to do it

go, tell me why your bandit is badass!

·
Premium Member
203 Posts
I owned one for less than 24 hours before I traded it to Ratfighter. I sat on it while it was strapped in my truck and made motorcycle sounds if that counts... I felt Bad ass doing it! :rock:

·
jamal avatar #1
3,443 Posts
threads like this make me want one..

How come when i have money i can't find one. a nice, cheap gen 1... ugh.

Reactions: RatFighter

·
UnicycleMode
7,578 Posts
To quote Dan Brocket from the Icon Drift 2 video:

Whats your favorite thing about that car?

Everything.

How fast does it go?

As fast as I want.

That perfectly sums up the Bandit. The only 2 things that can make one better is more badass, or elegant styling, and of course more power. The right suspension and engine setup will run with any liter bike on public roads under rather spirited circumstances, it'll run side by side with the fastest 600's out there, and you can lug it around at the bottom of the rev's like it's a car engine.

Every headlines in 95/96 usually read something like: "The undisputed king of hooligansim/wheelies/vehicular felony charges. etc.".

The two most common misconceptions about the Bandit 1st gen is first off, people think it's a comfort bound mileage machine. The other, is that it's heavy. It is neither. The stock seat will take you as far as the upholstery shop to get it leveled out, and the curb weight is comparable to most mid 90's big bikes anyway. It's truly a ZRX smashing package with a few tasteful bits added to it, and an oldwing is for, well, old people. Get a Bandit, wheelie the hell out of it, and be glad you are under police radar because you ride what is usually seen as an old guys bike. :D

·
Premium Member
15,798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
everytime i ride my bandit with my girlfriend it just reminds me of how much fun it is alone

·
UnicycleMode
7,578 Posts
Every time I go out to the shop and see my Bandit sitting there strewn about the office looking like it puked parts all over the place, I die a little inside. :(

But then I think of the commanding torque, mile long effortless wheelies in the mid range, and the sound as the intake goes from nearly silent to taking in a few cubic feet of atmosphere engaging WFO throttle into the next gear. My first one sounded like it was ripping velcro sideways when it was at the threshold of the Pilot Power out back.

Snaking down a gravel road soaking in the sights, tucking down around that huge gas tank and hearing the wind noise nearly disappear and all that fills that void in your conscious is the harmonic thrum of 16 valves working so effortlessly under your chin. The pulse of the exhaust sounds like a sewing machine. I love the Bandit 1200. :D

·
addict
370 Posts
more power than i know what to do with! im kind of hating myself for moving to a crowded city in florida right now i miss the wide open spaces with no cops for miles of the wid west lol
and everything i have heard about it being a hooligan machine and a wheel monster 1000% TRUE!

I love my b12 :wheelie:

·
Littering And...........
1,073 Posts
I'm considering getting rid of my zxr once it's fixed to get a bandit. All I hear from you guys is how much fun they are. I guess I'll have to hop on that bandwagon and see what I'm missing. Plus they're going fairly cheap around here from about 2200-3000 for them 1998-2003.

·
Premium Member
1,336 Posts
I'm considering getting rid of my zxr once it's fixed to get a bandit. All I hear from you guys is how much fun they are. I guess I'll have to hop on that bandwagon and see what I'm missing. Plus they're going fairly cheap around here from about 2200-3000 for them 1998-2003.
Just imagine your GSXR 1100 but much more comfortable and naturally wheelie happy.

·
I am a motherfucker
1,867 Posts
I am a v-twin guy... just always loved the way they made power down low...

This place, sold me on the Bandit. Read so much on here about them and started looking at how easily it is to extract power, how reliable, etc, etc... Started looking for them...

Why do I love it? Sounds good, makes a ton of power down low, and will toss your ass if you don't respect it... It's also comfortable, simple, cheap, and for some reason, aren't incredibly popular. Other shit I look for in a bike...

It's just one of those bikes that gets passed by without even a thought, but when you ride one, you're like "why in the fuck didn't someone tell me!" In fact, I started a thread on another forum "Ok motherfuckers, why didn't anyone tell me about the Bandit 1200?"

·
ShamanFighter
22,340 Posts
Cool. Thanks.What span of years? I understand the first Gen was oil cooled only? I'm really don't want a liquid cooled bike. Just not what I'm looking for in a motorcycle.

Sent from my SCH-R720 using Motorcycle.com Free App
not true Gen one is better for Tail Swap Modification.
gen Two is the Newer one and is oil cooled as well

its the 2007 Bandit 1250 that is water cooled. different motor all together.

Ive had two Second Gens. Never got my hands on a Gen one. but from everything ive heard the Gen one is much easier to use for frame mods also the carbs dont have a TPS Sensor..

·
ShamanFighter
22,340 Posts
i commute 28 miles one way every day. and saturdays i due twice that going to two jobs

·
Back at it for now.
1,545 Posts
Me and my '02 Bandit 1200... Started like this. 2004, I was following a buddy of mine leaving the shop. (Juneau, Alaska) He was on a Bandit, and I was in my truck. He got up ahead of me and around a sweeping turn (35 mph) with an intersection and business park on the other side. As I came around the corner I see the bike under the front of a pick up truck and my friend walking over to the window of the truck. Come to find out the guy in the truck cut in front of him and he jumped off to safety and the bike went under the truck. So I help him get the bike off the road and into the back of my truck and back to the shop where the bike sat for a few months. After that time went by he came up to me and asked if I wanted to buy it that the insurance company scrapped it. I think I said yes before thinking and asked how much. $600 was the amount he offered. I said yes, but I didnt have the money at all. He said he would take payments and he did for 6 months $100/month. It sat in my garage with no front fairing bent forks and a broken brake lever and a bent front brake rotor till I was able to replace those parts over 2 years. (parts to Juneau, AK were expensive to have shipped) Anyway Ebay replacements parts and some scouring around later. I had put $900 into her, just to get it road worthy and legally titled. Had to get the bike appraised for surety bonded title. $3800 was what it appraised at. Since then I have thrown little things into it for upgrades. Had it Dyno'd spring of last year at 117hp.

The bike is one of the best investments I have ever made. I am slowly starting to tame the powerhouse it is (get used to it). Every now and then she still scares me sometimes,but I manage to stay alive. Wheelies I am not very good at and hasnt really been a big deal for me. But I know when that front wheel comes off the ground especially from 2nd-3rd as I really tuck down and lay into the throttle on a good rip.

Just this morning, I was going in to work. (18 mile trip) I came up along two young deer in on the side of the road. I slowed down as to not to scatter one out in front of me. One deer dove off immediately. The other stayed the course and ran along side the road. I laid back on the throttle and we raced a good 100' when I passed it and gave a good rap of the throttle and let the throaty ti Akrapovic exhaust scream out its note. The deer shit itself and dropped down to a lower stance and ran off the side of the road like it was going to die if it didn't get the hell out of there. That was insta smile. Do I love my Bandit... Yes, yes I do.

·
1,533 Posts
I like the bandit 12s, I think they are aesthetically great, but why would anyone choose one in stock form over a zrx1200??

1 - 20 of 29 Posts