Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Abministrator
10,687 Posts

·
The Soft Serve Enigma
16,719 Posts
haha, yeah...we dyno'd our instructors Harley 883 Sportster last week...it's not even stock, Screamin' Eagle pipes, upgraded intake, etc....46hp, 54lbs/ft...uh...yeah...

·
ADAM FAN CLUB PRESIDENT
12,319 Posts
my g/f has a buell and i really like them aside from the fact that they have zero top end,there fun to ride around the city just like a motard

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,647 Posts
yah...i've never been a big fan of paying a lot of money to go slow and be annoying loud.

im more go than show. and cant afford to spend that kinda dough to get people to look at me in disgust. . . yet. hahah.

even if i had the dough, i wouldnt buy a harley i'd build a jap chopper if anything.

poor buell...if only honda had picked up Eric Buell and used their engines and his technology! then there really would be a kick ass streetfighter outta the box!

·
I WRECK ALOT
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
endo said:
haha, yeah...we dyno'd our instructors Harley 883 Sportster last week...it's not even stock, Screamin' Eagle pipes, upgraded intake, etc....46hp, 54lbs/ft...uh...yeah...
i think the 883 and 1200 bikes are exactly the same except the bottom end of the motor, so in turn the 883 is a couple of hundred pounds heavier with about the power of the 250:wtf: american motorcycles are a joke:mad: too bad..... someone needs to do something about that, im sure polaris can make a badass sport bike, even though thier 100 cube(1634cc) twin makes about 85hp:confused: hopefully thats not the best they have, they may have made a crappy motor to get the potato-potato-potato sound some people like:ninja:

·
hack
729 Posts
not just junk, expensive junk. On friday I called some guys new springer a $20,000 moped (aside from being slow the owners also have no sense of humor)

·
I WRECK ALOT
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
someone wanted to sell me a sportster 1200 for $12000 haha, i would get something so much better with 12k:nuts:

·
Registered
133 Posts
I like to have one of everything, though that does not always works out. I have been building a BSA chop for a while and have an old shovel head sitting on a shelf waiting for me to build something around it. Mind you, I did not pay alot if anything for most of this stuff. I come from a long line of bikes and just picked this stuff up over the years. Both my grandfather and grandmother raced bikes in the 50's early 60's. So I have a love for old bikes chops/bobs/cafe. I have a beat on dirt bike to play in the dirt and do a little dirt tracking. I did a track day years ago and fell in love with roadracing. Even had a SV650 for a bit for the track. But do to $ it is hard to do it all. Like I said before(though I still love old bikes) is that streetfighter are the best of both worlds. You can have a good looking bike that also handles. I hate anything stock! But that is just me.

·
the mad doctor
3,399 Posts
Blaze said:
I like to have one of everything, though that does not always works out. I have been building a BSA chop for a while and have an old shovel head sitting on a shelf waiting for me to build something around it. Mind you, I did not pay alot if anything for most of this stuff. I come from a long line of bikes and just picked this stuff up over the years. Both my grandfather and grandmother raced bikes in the 50's early 60's. So I have a love for old bikes chops/bobs/cafe. I have a beat on dirt bike to play in the dirt and do a little dirt tracking. I did a track day years ago and fell in love with roadracing. Even had a SV650 for a bit for the track. But do to $ it is hard to do it all. Like I said before(though I still love old bikes) is that streetfighter are the best of both worlds. You can have a good looking bike that also handles. I hate anything stock! But that is just me.
+1 all the way

in the last year i've built (for myself) 2 cafe bikes, 2 streetfighters, a supermoto, and a rigid framed bobber.

if it's got two wheels and a motor, i'm down.

BUT, none of my bikes has cost me over $2000 to build. usually right around the $500-$600 mark, the 954 and the supermoto being the exceptions.

even with all the stuff i do/work on, i still don't kie harley's though. i mean, i like old stuff too, but come on, with all the money "the motor company" has, you'd think they'd put out a better product (not including the v-rod, but they didn't design that motor)

·
fighter transplant in NC
14,319 Posts
me and another friend of mine were discussing the poor buells the other day. I've pretty much decided that after the fz fighter is done (or close enough) I'll be building a superlight fighter with a scratchbuilt frame and I'm gonna copy the frame geometry from a buell xb12. but I'm gonna use a modern I-4 motor, usd forks and all that fun jazz. prelim weight calc have given me a dry weight of under 350 lbs. kinda my impression of what a buell could/should have been

·
the mad doctor
3,399 Posts
fslflint said:
me and another friend of mine were discussing the poor buells the other day. I've pretty much decided that after the fz fighter is done (or close enough) I'll be building a superlight fighter with a scratchbuilt frame and I'm gonna copy the frame geometry from a buell xb12. but I'm gonna use a modern I-4 motor, usd forks and all that fun jazz. prelim weight calc have given me a dry weight of under 350 lbs. kinda my impression of what a buell could/should have been
someday i want to build something like that with a ktm twin. gotta wait for someone to total one first though. :D

·
Registered
133 Posts
skr00zloose: I agree 100%. I would never buy a new HD. In my eyes that CO. died in 69. May they R.I.P.. I just like the old stuff. It has a kind of style and soul. The new stuff sucks! I still wish we could have a sport bike and cruser that is made hear, not be stuck in the past,and not so stupidly over priced. Thoughs guys that built bikes back then could do it for short $. That is all we are trying to do today. Keeping that alive we are forced to buy jap bikes intill someone in the U.S. put out a good bike for the right $. But I am not holding my breath.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Did you see the bike build off were Jessie Rooke built a KTM v-twin custom and had to race it with Roland Sands from PM?

·
The Soft Serve Enigma
16,719 Posts
yeah...he lost lol

But it was a sweet bike...RSD is my fave out of the "trendy" builders though.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts