Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok. I'm starting the rebuild of my 72 gt550. its been of the road for a couple of years now sitting under a bike cover. mostly because i haven't had time to ride it. well low and behold sitting didn't help the bike in anyway and now that i will have time to ride it next summer. i have decided to get it road worthy agen. The bike has 1985 ninja suspension under it and chambers the motor was rebuilt in 2008. p.o had the hole bike apart at one point and painted the frame. for the most part he did okay job besides from a couple questionable mods to get the rear brakes to work. my plan is to leave the suspension alone because it works vary well under the bike. up date the wiring (Puting a fuse block in because it was removed) check the internals of the motor see how they are doing powder coat the frame wheels and anything thing else i think of well doing the rebuild. i want to get rid of the old speedo and tac so if anyone has any ideas on what to get feel free to say so. also the old stupid looking fairing is long gone. This the only pick of the bike i have at the moment. seats also getting changed.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well got a bit done. spent most of the day driving people around. I got the motor out and the head off. the cyclinders all look good.but the right one has some vary slight rusting its not pitting just slight coloring. I'm not sure I'm positive i want to buy new pistions and bore it seeing how good they are but i don't like seeing the rust so still thinking i might. have some time to burn seeing how its the beginning of winter. if you have any input or comments feel free. pic one is the rusty cylinder :doh:

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts