Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've spent a considerable amount of time looking at the various bikes on here and getting great inspiration and thought it was time i put some details of my build on here.

I had wanted a Spondon or Harris Magnum for a number of years and one day i stumbled on a tubular frame based on and R6 engine creating an R6 special based on the carb version bike the 5EB model (UK).

I bought the frame blind after a couple of phone calls to the seller. He had bought it with good intention but never started it and sold it to me in the same boxes he bought it in! I bought it about a year ago and have been tinkering ever since...

The frame is awesome. It is polished tubular alloy and is one of only 2 ever made for this engine fit. It is made by Lee at Steelheart Engineering in the UK. The frame was designed to be a frame swap for an R6 thus utilising all the running gear and tank etc.

This is the frame:

This is what i bought in the deal:

What do you reckon? Be interested to have feedback.... Thanks

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Re: The Build

yeah its the frame that made me go for this build as i love these tubular type frames.

Just taken the subframe to the welder today to get the sections welded in. Bloke reckon on Monday for collection........

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·

So, fitted the yokes and forks etc to get a rolling chassis. Made it a bit easier for moving house! Pity the yokes don't allow any lock as thought i was getting somewhere. Still, good excuse for getting a set of yokes made.... Been chatting with Streetfighterbling in the UK who make some awesome looking kit.... Now just need to calculate the increased trail to get the required lock and get them ordered

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·

About time for an update. Its a word rather than photo update!

i've designed and ordered a set of yokes from StreetfighterBling UK, so am awaiting their arrival. I have also designed a couple of brackets for mounting the radiator and stuff, which is currently with a local engineering company. It all becomes a little difficult when the frame has no brackets on the inside, or anywhere for that matter! Everything needs to be mounted on the subframe or off the engine. The worst part is the waiting. Still there is plenty to be getting on with.. I'll post photos when the parts rock up. Moving the bike around is difficult with no front end though.

I scored a seat unit and rear light dirt cheap off the bay last night for another project, so can spend some time on that in the interim..

Maybe its time for some photos...

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·

Subframe being sized up:

Mount for front seat:

Rest of mounts etc - not so sure now of the rear section. I put it in to mount the rear light but had a bit of a change of direction since:

1 - 20 of 55 Posts