Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
61 - 80 of 112 Posts

·
Premium Member
401 Posts
That is an absolutely gorgeous build so far.

As far as turbo, I think it would be incredible on this bike. Polished stainless header, braided stainless oil lines, blow off valve, and maybe a nice little intercooler would be perfectly showcased with that frame.

·
Fooking old git
2,216 Posts
I've spent a considerable amount of time looking at the various bikes on here and getting great inspiration and thought it was time i put some details of my build on here.

I had wanted a Spondon or Harris Magnum for a number of years and one day i stumbled on a tubular frame based on and R6 engine creating an R6 special based on the carb version bike the 5EB model (UK).

I bought the frame blind after a couple of phone calls to the seller. He had bought it with good intention but never started it and sold it to me in the same boxes he bought it in! I bought it about a year ago and have been tinkering ever since...

The frame is awesome. It is polished tubular alloy and is one of only 2 ever made for this engine fit. It is made by Lee at Steelheart Engineering in the UK. The frame was designed to be a frame swap for an R6 thus utilising all the running gear and tank etc.

This is the frame:

This is what i bought in the deal:

What do you reckon? Be interested to have feedback.... Thanks

awesome I WANT NOW.
PS ebay has lots of R6 bits. I paid £5 for a damaged tank, £10 for a bent rear subframe.
I wanted to keep the original bits for the future. Will you give me that frame, please, pretty please, I'm almost begging, please you don't really want it. LOL:LolLolLolLol::gdogg:

·
Fooking old git
2,216 Posts
just read the posts, turbo would look OMG, but is this a show or road bike? I run with 1 ltr bikes, only have probs on straights. remember this is the Uk prison for speeding. more speed cameras than any other country.
Stock pipes and a shorty gp style can??
PS I want that frame, PLEEEEEEAAAASE

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #67 ·
Got myself some Dymags for the bike. Purchased including discs, front and rear, sprocket carrier and sprocket and a set of Dunlop race tyres. The Dymags are the 7 spoke variety - my personal favourites and preferred option over the 3 spoke ones. They seem quite rare. :thumbsup:

I need to modify the spacers. The rear axle fits, (29mm) but need to check offset/chain alignment. The front is a different size spindle so will expect loads of mods here to get it to fit. Also front runs 290mm discs and i need 310mm disc spacings...:shockerknucks:

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,722 Posts
beautiful rims! love the color! :skully:

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #72 ·
Haven't seen my post on the front page for a while now! Been a bit busy with other stuff so not really been doing much with the bike. Wanting to get it into the house over the winter to work on!!

·
Lone Wolf
81 Posts
Pics no workie here either lol Sounds like a sick bike!

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #80 ·

Yokes and bars received and fitted. Loads of other parts on the go. The cold is keeping me occupied in trying to insulate the garage! Then i can dedicate more time to the bike and less on making tea to keep warm!

Yokes courtesy of StreetFighterBling. Great customer service and passionate about what they do, so massive thanks to Cleggy and all.

Bit of a crap photo, but ya get the awesomeness

61 - 80 of 112 Posts