Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
81 - 100 of 112 Posts

·
Hack in a barn
4,409 Posts

·
Hack in a barn
4,409 Posts
Looking at the pictures the down pipes look real bad, anyone know if they are stainless before I start polishing?
They are, polish away....

For what it's worth I used a 03-05 head pipe on my R6 build. It's a direct bolt on and is a little larger diameter all the way through and is, in my opinion, a better looking pipe. The big plus to me was the 03-05 mufflers are more plentiful used. The only down side is the oil pan bolt will not come out until I unbolt the rear mount of the exhaust and push the pipe down a hair to give me the room. It's not horrible though...

·
i cant fart
10,917 Posts
05 headers are a bit more flowy than 03-04. use 05 if u can get ur hands on a set. (remember how 05 was the experimental year for the new 06+ models, the header was one of things that were a little different)

·
Hack in a barn
4,409 Posts
05 headers are a bit more flowy than 03-04. use 05 if u can get ur hands on a set. (remember how 05 was the experimental year for the new 06+ models, the header was one of things that were a little different)
The 05 kickstand is a one year only thing too lol... I picked one up for my bike because it's a hair longer than the others and the swinger and dog bones raised my rear a bit so the bike was leaning too much for comfort. It worked out perfect and was also a bolt on affair....

"WebbyUK", the rear mount for the stock head pipe needed a quick hacking to make it work on the 03-05 pipe but it was easy thing to do, if I remember correctly it needed to be trimmed and relocated a hair in the stock location. But like I said easy peasy, get the pipe and you'll see what you'll need to do with it... If need be I can toss you a picture of how it is on my bike.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #100 ·
Started bolting it all back together but need new stainless fasteners to contrast the new black pieces. Also bottom yoke need stem pressing out as can't chemically dip the steel as it corrodes it badly.. So need to press it out and resend for anodising. The anodising finish is really good and contrasts the frame well, I think. I will post photos once it's all back together. Thoughts..

81 - 100 of 112 Posts