Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

41 - 57 of 57 Posts

·
Fuck it, let's do it live
3,979 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Still working on the GoPro.
In the meantime, I took the bike on one of the nicest roads in CO a few days ago. Actually it was one leg of a 300ish mile ride some friends and I did up through the mountains, but the south side of this pass was just paved last October (was dirt before) and the asphalt is PRISTINE.

This is at about 13,000ft altitude. Something like 45% power loss up there.

Not my photo:

We also hit something known as Horsepower Hill. It's a nice long stretch of road with good clean asphalt, uphills and downhills, and long sweeping high-speed curves. It's where you go when you want to drag knees.
Not my video... this guy's not going very hard compared to the norm for this road.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBgHOeS1IxE

Threw this pass in at the end of it. One of my favorite roads, and it's right in my backyard. Also not my video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MJIBzhMKNI

Jesus I really do need a GoPro.

·
3,979 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Yeah, that area. You've been?

·
3,979 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
The next and likely last mod until November. I'm excited for this one :D

·
Super Moderator
5,588 Posts
What's that? An electronic yahtzee? :D

Seriously, a LED scale would hint of an air/fuel mixture gauge... but the other circuit... a battery and an induction coil, a remote control receiver of something?

What is that? Or should I ask what are those?

Looking at those views you got... man, and you're envious of a few ponds I got laying around...

·
3,979 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
What's that? An electronic yahtzee? :D

Seriously, a LED scale would hint of an air/fuel mixture gauge... but the other circuit... a battery and an induction coil, a remote control receiver of something?

What is that? Or should I ask what are those?

Looking at those views you got... man, and you're envious of a few ponds I got laying around...

Its super-top-secret, I'll post a video of it working when it's done.

(I'm sure somebody will be along shortly to ID it and ruin my fun, but I can still try).

Colorado is truly a beautiful place. But I've grown up with it, and as much as you try not to you end up taking stuff for granted when you stare at it every day for decades (minus the years I lived elsewhere). A change of pace is really nice now and then.
So yeah, I intend on coming to check out your ponds :D

·
3,979 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
I really need to get a GoPro (or get mine back, anyway). Had some FUN on Saturday, doing some probably really stupid shit.

Here's a view I found entertaining. A super-clean, showroom-quality example of a Hayabusa, next to... mine...

·
Super Moderator
5,588 Posts
Oh I'd love to see the face on that parking lot princess when you smoke his ass from the line :D

Reactions: mcantar

·
3,979 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
The guy with the white bike actually knows how to ride pretty well. Doesn't make up for the higher weight/lower power compared to mine, but still.

It really puts into perspective just how much bigger that rear tire is when compared to a standard example.

·
3,979 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
So first off, the build with no real name now has a name. The "Rat Rocket." Apparently this is what people around town have been calling it. Was at the bike gear store and overheard someone say to their friend, "Dude, the rat rocket I was telling you about is outside, you gotta check it out!"
Thought that was kinda neat.

Also, had an opportunity to get some nice pics taken. Jessica Lynn at Boosted Photography does good work. We're doing another shoot in the morning, hopefully with a background more suited to the bike than that graffiti wall. I won't have the full res shots for another couple weeks, but for now...

ALSO, remember this?
The next and likely last mod until November. I'm excited for this one :D

The circuitry was bad on the larger chip, and it didn't function whatsoever on the bench. So here's mystery chip V2:
(it's a prototype, so not much time was spent on making it look good... hence the wire... that won't be there in the final model.

Still waiting on Matti to guess what it is :D

·
Super Moderator
5,588 Posts
Still waiting on Matti to guess what it is :D
Not a clue man. If it's not a boost or a lambda gauge then it has to be a buzzy dice :D

Seriously, both units seem to have an antenna so they can... detect each other? Keyless ignition? But if so why the leds?

Cool pix!

Reactions: mcantar

·
3,979 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
Motorcycle day at the local strip. First time drag racing anything... it's actually pretty fun.
Ran mid 10's @ 140mph pretty consistently... the bike can do much better, but I suck. Lots of work to be done on my reaction time and my 60' time, i.e. I need to go harder out of the hole. I also need to just go to full throttle when I'm going down the track, rather than roll on at the rate I think I should be.

I realized this at one point and tried just simply going harder. Pulled the front end up to like 10 o'clock right off the line, set it down and promptly stalled out. Running again within a fraction of a second (seriously, my friends didn't even realized I stalled), took off, wheelied again, set it down, rolled on, and proceeded to wheelie 3 MORE FUCKING TIMES before I calmed down and took off. Then pulled the front end up a good bit going down the track, but that wasn't such a big deal.
As embarrassing as that was, the other guy was even more embarrassed when I passed him just before the end even after all that bullshit.
After that I decided to go back to the other side of the spectrum and just get a bit more aggressive on it with each pass.

^^^And that will never be spoken of again.

Orange Busa is my buddy (and tattoo artist) Van. His wife is the one that used to ride mine when it was a normal bike and dropped it, enabling this build in the first place.

The green ZX14R is my buddy Scott. I talk shit to him about how slow his bike is at every possible opportunity. He's dumped like $20k into that thing, it makes a hair over 200hp naturally aspirated and a bit under 250 on the bottle. He goes out to the strip regularly and is actually pretty fast... he is anyway, his bike's not :)fu: Scotty).
This was our first time actually racing, i.e. my first opportunity to eat my words.

Here's a FB vid of me running against Scott. He had me on the launch, unsurprisingly, but I caught him on the top end. Not bad for going against a pro on my second run EVER.
https://www.facebook.com/spazwaz.66/videos/10207349370161192/

And a YouTube vid of one of my later runs. I'm in the right lane this time.
I know I've been told like 10 times by now but I still can't remember how to embed.
http://youtu.be/50kUuNOoz0E

And some more pics that the strip's photographers were kind enough to take but I'm too cheap to pay for (seriously, $25 per download? It only cost me $35 to run the entire fucking day).
You can click on them for bigger versions, this is the only size it lets me embed.

Fastest pass of the day was a 7.8something by a turbo Busa prostreet bike.

·
3,979 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
41 - 57 of 57 Posts