Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Dumpster Diver
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally getting my build thread on the CF.
It is the Chainrash CB750 Custom Fighter Cafe Racer CRCB750CFCR

Been working on the bike for about 6 months, mostly collecting parts and doing design work. I hope to have it ready for fall. I am starting with a bone stock 1977 CB750F Super Sport. Picked it up cheap and it was in really decent shape.
This is when she came home

Look at that ass

more

more

Reactions: vernk

·
Dumpster Diver
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
more stock pics, I know you love pics

more

·
Dumpster Diver
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
First thing was to strip her down, pull her heart out and start with the cleaning.

Motor

I pulled the motor, installed a new cam, titanium valves & retainers, lightened flywheel and put in the the big bore 836cc kit

ported polished head

·
Dumpster Diver
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Picked up a brand new pair Kehin CR roundslide smoothbore carbs

·
Dumpster Diver
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
After completing the new 836cc, I started collecting parts
1990 Gsxr front forks and wheel
Shitty Cell pics

·
Dumpster Diver
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Dumpster Diver
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Also in the list 1990 Gsxr 5.5 rear wheel, 600 F4I rear sets, cafe seat and tail, new (old) tank and new NOS side panels.

Stripped the frame down

Overlook the messy shop

·
Dumpster Diver
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Decided I wanted to build my own clip on bars, so I picked up a second CB front end, cut a bottom triple apart, welded the triple mounts to a dragbar that I cut in half and cam up with this

Powdercoated them black

Reactions: Phoebe

·
Dumpster Diver
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I took my spare top triple and cut the bar mounts of and smoothed out and came up with this

·
Dumpster Diver
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I will be putting the CB triple and clipons up for sale soon. I may try to have a complete cafe front with wheel, calipers, triples, bars, speedo, headlight. I will everyone know.

·
Dumpster Diver
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
This is the latest photo-chop of my cafe fighter design

Reactions: vernk

·
Dumpster Diver
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Took this pic an hour ago, damn it is hot in my shop

·
Dumpster Diver
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Stopped by the local salvage yard and bought this for 5 bucks, it is a complete service manual for all Honda Bikes from 1966-1978 mostly 350cc-450cc-650cc and the 750

·
theman themyth thelegend
8,497 Posts
damn you started off with a really clean platform.

that photochop looks great, only thing id change is id throw a set of newer usd's on there.

cool project ;)

·
Dumpster Diver
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
damn you started off with a really clean platform.

that photochop looks great, only thing id change is id throw a set of newer usd's on there.

cool project ;)
Bought a set of USD off eghey and the dude screwed me. I will have a set one day. For now it will get the standard Gixxers.

It was aclean ass bike, Fugly as uck though.

·
theman themyth thelegend
8,497 Posts
Bought a set of USD off eghey and the dude screwed me. I will have a set one day. For now it will get the standard Gixxers.

It was aclean ass bike, Fugly as uck though.
theres a guy on craigslist selling a set of 07 gsxr 600 forks with triples for 200 in north jersey, i want em but i need to sell my busa forks first, lol.

http://cnj.craigslist.org/mcy/1216346756.html

you could probally sell that bigass windjammer fairing on ebay for some decent cash eh?

·
Dumpster Diver
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
theres a guy on craigslist selling a set of 07 gsxr 600 forks with triples for 200 in north jersey, i want em but i need to sell my busa forks first, lol.

http://cnj.craigslist.org/mcy/1216346756.html

you could probally sell that bigass windjammer fairing on ebay for some decent cash eh?
I had the Vetter fairing, king/queen seat, rack and all on CL for 1 day, this old dude comes by and takes it all. He had been looking for a few months for a set. WTF

·
being normal is to easy
779 Posts
wow that was really clean!! i cant believe your going to ditch the windjammer fairing, lol. but the photoshop pic will be badass.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts