Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

741 - 760 of 978 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,588 Posts
I hate to be the "ur doin it rong" guy but isn`t there supposed to be a layer of stone ash under the brickwork so the underlaying ground which seems to be pretty muddy won`t compress and go all wavy?

·
Registered
989 Posts

Can't remember if I posted already, this is my little slice of mechanical heaven at the end of a dirt road in Gill, MA.

Now that I've got a stove in there for heat all I need is a mini fridge.

...and a five-axis, and a 3D printer, and a paint/powdercoating booth, and an oven...

·
fuck your face
832 Posts
I hate to be the "ur doin it rong" guy but isn`t there supposed to be a layer of stone ash under the brickwork so the underlaying ground which seems to be pretty muddy won`t compress and go all wavy?
im probably doing it wrong lol

but there is blue stone dust underneath that been tamped down and leveled
its not everywhere yet just places where im working
I figured it will be easier for final leveling
pic with the machine is just after I roughly leveled the ground

·
Super Moderator
5,588 Posts
Ok good. A friend of a friend does that for living and he's been with us doing some garage fronts etc. He's taught me there should always be a layer of that stone dust (we call it stone ash) underneath, you need to hammer the tiles in place with a large rubber mallet so they won't settle later resulting in uneveness, and once properly tamped down the dust layer will be completely waterproof so if there are any low spots they'll puddle.

·
fuck your face
832 Posts
Ok good. A friend of a friend does that for living and he's been with us doing some garage fronts etc. He's taught me there should always be a layer of that stone dust (we call it stone ash) underneath, you need to hammer the tiles in place with a large rubber mallet so they won't settle later resulting in uneveness, and once properly tamped down the dust layer will be completely waterproof so if there are any low spots they'll puddle.
thanks for the tip man !

I do beat every brick down with rubber mullet

·
Premium Member
960 Posts

All tucked in for winter hibernation.....

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

·
V4's FTW
10,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #748
I do beat every brick down with rubber mullet
Sing it with me...

"I've got a rubber mullet yes I do,
They'll give em out to anyone and that means you,
You can go to Crugertown and get one too,
And then you'll have a rubber mullet like I do"

;)

Lol

·
Registered
9 Posts
My little garage and workshop combo. The garage side is gravel floor and no doors, so pretty much just storage. And given the truckload of RD parts I have in it, I needed it! The workshop side is a mess in progress. Two years into this house and I am starting to find a stride with working in it. Still needs the 220 run for a real welder (not like I have welding skills), but has the most important stuff (AC and a fridge).

Attachments

·
Premium Member
960 Posts

Only thing moving in here the past few weeks are the mice...
Determined to get back out and seriously start a new year after Valentines weekend.
Too much to do to blow it off till it's warm this year, I want to ride more work less....

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

·
Premium Member
960 Posts
Good news, and bad news....
Well.....it had to be done.
Finally found a house to replace my bachelor pad...things you have to do when you get married.
Which means a nice house where everything works and a garage the same size as I have now.
(Plus a second set of steps from garage to basement for....well bikes of course :rock:)
But I have to move all the shit I have been collecting since cashing my first paycheck 40 years ago. :( And re-figure where everything should go so things dont look so haphazard.
Need more lighting and add a 220 plug to the breaker box too.
So much for enjoying the early riding season (and for getting my VJ23 done when I wanted to)....:nuts:
Luckily it's only about 5 miles from where I live now, so the move can be a daily thing after work for a month or so without eating up time driving and gas.....
.....(time to get back to living on a budget for a while....parts on hold)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
960 Posts
let me know if you need help moving stuff
I'll do that.
It's closer to your house than where I am am now :drinks:
Need to get measurements of the basement steps so I can get a ramp made up :rock:
I'll start with one of my strokers....If I make it down in one piece, I'll try something bigger. :D

Reactions: ultimate fighter

·
Is my bike ok?
15,005 Posts
Finally found a house to replace my bachelor pad...things you have to do when you get married.
But I have to move all the shit I have been collecting since cashing my first paycheck 40 years ago.
40 years ago....and you JUST got married?....Did you lose your fooking mind??:nuts:

Just messing with ya. Congrats on all of it. :thumbsup:

I got married a year ago, moved and just broke ground on a new garage awhile back myself. Digging 2' deep footers by hand in red clay....fuck.

741 - 760 of 978 Posts