Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

801 - 820 of 978 Posts

·
Breaking shit...
3,205 Posts
Did you move? that garage looks a lot bigger than I remember.

·
Breaking shit...
3,205 Posts
About a half mile away from where I was, across the highway and across the main road.
garage looks like an upgrade from the old one then. Was that you I saw you riding yesterday on Walton (University). If not, theres another giant on a red SV around.

·
The friendly Ghost.
13,156 Posts
garage looks like an upgrade from the old one then. Was that you I saw you riding yesterday on Walton (University). If not, theres another giant on a red SV around.
That was I.

It is quite the upgrade and I am trying not to fill this one like the last one.

·
Breaking shit...
3,205 Posts
good luck with keeping it neat. I found that open space accumulates shit, even when you try to keep it cleaned out...

·
Super Moderator
5,588 Posts
good luck with keeping it neat. I found that open space accumulates shit, even when you try to keep it cleaned out...
Imagine a five car garage all to yourself... Moved out sth like a decade ago and it's still half filled with my old crap...

·
Breaking shit...
3,205 Posts
I have two and a half with a shop in the rear and its currently near full (and we dont use the garage for cars).... Spring cant come soon enough for that mess.

·
The friendly Ghost.
13,156 Posts
I have been actively fighting the concept of gathering excess stuff, but agreed to pick up a handful of old church pews for their wood content. (Might cut six of them in half [12 footers] in order to have a few outdoor benches and give them away.)

I have plans to remove at least one of the large space taking objects in the garage by making a smaller version and moving it into the house (racing seat) as well as increasing the storage capacity of the garage through redesigning my wheel storage and adding more shelves. Not that my current ones are full. I need to add drawers to the table saw bench and radial arm saw bench as well as some for a new band saw stand, drill press stand and grinder stand...

Okay I have an issue. That's why I got the larger garage, thanks for wishing me luck.

Now, I just have to keep from collecting other people's stuff.

·
V4's FTW
10,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #810
I've been wanting to rebuild my main shop bench for a while, the angle I used to make it was too light and it wobbles and sags. I priced out metal and didn't buy because I wasn't ready. Not too long after, I managed to save some 3 & 4" c channel from the dumpster.

That was last fall and I cut all the pieces in the cold wind yesterday. Welding will have to wait until it's nice out and I can open the garage, move stuff out and access the level floor.

·
Rollin hard in Wiscompton
3,689 Posts
Did a fair amount of upgrading recently. Over the last several months picked up some new tools, upgraded my toolbox setup, and settled into a nice bit of space to get some work done. Just might finally get some work done on the rat finally!

Attachments

·
Rollin hard in Wiscompton
3,689 Posts
That's good stuff,man. Really happy for you! :knucks:

Is the cot frame for when you piss off the lady? :D
Nah, just didn't wanna keep it at the house. It's an extra one we'll likely never use, but she doesn't wanna get rid of it. It'll prolly turn into an overhead shelf at some point

·
Fuck it, let's do it live
3,979 Posts
Few months into the new house, just about have the garage set up as I want it for now.
Only items left to attend to are to are to run my big pile of scrap next to the welder to the scrapyard (can't see much of it behind the bikes), build the welding table, and wire the fuckin place as I only have the one fuckin outlet under the paddock stands... that should happen next week and the welding table can happen once that's done.
Also thinking about making a fold-down workbench under the paddock stands, we'll see.

·
Fuck it, let's do it live
3,979 Posts
Love the drill indexes. I could use some but they are crazy $$
Yeah I love these things. Another work freebie :D The letter size one is organizing my TIG consumables at work, but it just so happens that the old index I have is letter sizes so I'm not missing out on much. I think they retail around $60-80 per?

Nice trike on the lift :D

Awesome shop, boss. Real happy for you on that.
Ha! I was wondering if anybody would spot that. My buddy stuck it up there the other day and I haven't had a need to clear it off yet.
And thanks man, I'm pretty happy with it too.

·
V4's FTW
10,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #819
Yeah I love these things. Another work freebie :D The letter size one is organizing my TIG consumables at work, but it just so happens that the old index I have is letter sizes so I'm not missing out on much. I think they retail around $60-80 per?
Yeah, about 200 for the full set shipped. Not something that usually gets tossed.

·
Administrator
50,493 Posts
Few months into the new house, just about have the garage set up as I want it for now.
Only items left to attend to are to are to run my big pile of scrap next to the welder to the scrapyard (can't see much of it behind the bikes), build the welding table, and wire the fuckin place as I only have the one fuckin outlet under the paddock stands... that should happen next week and the welding table can happen once that's done.
Also thinking about making a fold-down workbench under the paddock stands, we'll see.

Nice pic nice shop !

What brand is this bike bench Mac?

Looks awesom , who needs any more ?

801 - 820 of 978 Posts