Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

821 - 840 of 978 Posts

·
Fuck it, let's do it live
3,979 Posts
Looks awesom , who needs any more ?
Thanks Robbo!
Me... I need more. Got electric ran last weekend, I need to plumb in the compressor now. Also need to buy an argon bottle and a torch for the welder and do a bit of general tarting up. Maybe thin out the parts collection a bit too.
Bike lift is a HF model, but it's got air-over-hydraulic and I removed the stupid clamp-type wheel chock and put that one on there instead. Got it for I think $180 off Craigslist, the hydraulics weren't lifting, replaced a $0.09 o-ring on the release valve and good as new.

·
Administrator
50,493 Posts
Thanks Robbo!
Me... I need more. Got electric ran last weekend, I need to plumb in the compressor now. Also need to buy an argon bottle and a torch for the welder and do a bit of general tarting up. Maybe thin out the parts collection a bit too.
Bike lift is a HF model, but it's got air-over-hydraulic and I removed the stupid clamp-type wheel chock and put that one on there instead. Got it for I think $180 off Craigslist, the hydraulics weren't lifting, replaced a $0.09 o-ring on the release valve and good as new.
Well done on the shop and your motivation,wish mine was better rite now.
Good deal on the lift,is it up to the tasks of everyday use?

·
3,979 Posts
Well, I've had it in use for a couple years now and it's held up so far. The Bandit lived on it for like a year straight :D
The HF lifts are actually pretty solid, with the exception of the wheel chock. Most of their hydraulic equipment is actually pretty well built. The only thing I don't like about the construction of it is there's a welded seam just in front of the rear wheel access hole... manufacturing ease regarding the access hole, I'd imagine, and it's probably fine as there's reinforcing bars that run lengthwise underneath to support the whole structure, but I'd still prefer a one-piece top. I was thinking I'd just make my own, probably will one day but it isn't enough of an issue to bother with anytime soon.
Unfortunately I misplaced the safety bar in the move and haven't found it yet, so kid's trikes are all it'll hold for the time being. If I don't find it soon I'll just grab a length of steel bar and use that... think it was 5/8" or so.
Anyways, I think the new ones can be had for $275 when you find a coupon. Worth having one for sure. They're straight hydraulic, but it's not much work to add air to it and the wheel chock I swapped in was like $20 on Craigslist.

·
3,979 Posts
I like to be able to just plop the bike on there and not worry about it though.

·
V4's FTW
10,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #826
I like to be able to just plop the bike on there and not worry about it though.
I have marked my table so I can position the movable half for a fornt or rear tire, then I just roll a bike up forwards or backwards and it holds it steady enough for me to let go, walk around, and tighten the clamp.

You can't fit a 160+ size tire in that HF chock, can you? I had 2 of them at one point, don't remember being able to.

·
V4's FTW
10,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #827
Added plywood to a HF moving dolly and stacked my 3 mid boxes on it. I'll probably add a top to the upper box at some point and attach the soldering iron. The boxes contain most of my electrical supplies, so now I can wheel the whole thing to a bike instead of gathering and putting away supplies for every job.

Did a little more organizing while I was at it, it's coming along

·
Administrator
50,493 Posts
Added plywood to a HF moving dolly and stacked my 3 mid boxes on it. I'll probably add a top to the upper box at some point and attach the soldering iron. The boxes contain most of my electrical supplies, so now I can wheel the whole thing to a bike instead of gathering and putting away supplies for every job.

Did a little more organizing while I was at it, it's coming along

Your shop has changed soooo much Seb' .

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Been doing some upgrades to my shop over the summer this is what it looked like when we first moved in

The room in there is more of an office/workout area. The previous owner used it as a mancave to watch football games and such in it but i’m going to turn it into a clean workshop for stuff I don’t want sawdust and such all over

They also used the top of it for storage, which is nice except it was a pain in the butt to get stuff up there since there weren’t any stairs and a ladder just slides down when i used it making it unsafe.

There was also only half inch osb up there that warps and dips with weight. So I swapped it ¾” ply. Vvvv that’s kinda mid process. I also added insulation to the joists as i was replacing the ply.

Then added stairs to one wall as well as storage. It has storage all the way up the stairs now but I don’t have a pic of it yet

Also if you can’t tell, on the far wall and the long wall to the right, there were ZERO plugs except for one 110 right next to the bay door. 40ft wall with ONE plug. So During the process of removing the osb I found a line that ran to that little corner and found out is was on its own breaker. It was also just dangling there and it was live....... yea.... idk... but it saved me running a line so I used it and with mostly scrap 2x material i frames out the parts between the steel and put a plug every 6ish feet and i am currently putting the osb that was on top of the office on the walls and will be using that to hang tools and such. No pics right now but I’ll show some later.

I’ve also been doing mostly wood working lately, I’m working on some night stands for the bed frame I built a while back and for some damn reason I can’t get box joints right. It’s pissing me off. It’s also extremely hot in the shop so thin wood tends to cup and warp pretty easy in there.

Getting a massive fan or something is definitely on the list. (Edit to say that the gan in the first pictures was the previous owners)
As well as a whole plethora of other things.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
3,979 Posts
That's an awesome space you have there Hick. Might be worth insulating and putting an AC unit or at least some swamp coolers in.

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Man, that has so much potential!! How big is the building?

This is a basic layout of the shop VVV

It has an covered portion outside also, that’s what the extra 25x65 ft is. The inside is 40x30.

Here is what it currently looks like, its a complete mess with sawdust and tools everywhere though.

I need to redo the cabinet for the sink though, it sprung a leak in there this last winter and destroyed the mdf it was made of and it also has mold.

I definitely need to do something for the heat, its like an oven in there in the heat of the day. A swamp cooler would be nice, one that can roll around and be placed wherever. Once I get the mancave figured out and situated though I could work in there with the a/c on till it’s cool in the shop. I want to swap out the window unit on it to a mini split in a different location though, it slowly drips into a bucket and I end up having to empty it out and it also takes up space inside the shop where i would rather put a cabinet or hang stuff on the wall or both.

This is what the inside of the mancave looks like right now also, its mostly storage for now but I want a workbench to go in the corner to the right and wrap that whole section like an L. I’ll do a nice solid one out of laminated 2x material, i also do some leather work, gunsmithish stuff, and will set up a reloading station so I don’t want it to bounce around with any pounding I will do.

·
V4's FTW
10,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #833
You're making me start dreaming about the 10 commercial acres that border my property again... I wish so hard I could buy it and set up a real big shop. I'd need a couple partners to make it happen.

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
I have everything within easy reach

View attachment 101932

I definitely can’t complain about not having space. I also see that i’m not the only one with the habit of leaving tools about and moving on lol. I’m trying to break that by giving everything a home.

I have thought about making sort of a bike corner where I have most things in close proximity, maybe just use the back corner where the work benches are. Back it in there and go to town

·
10,429 Posts
i am building a patio in front of shed, give me somewhere outside with room to move

steel is in , box that in and back fill to give a level for concrete slabs

patio1.jpg

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Awesome yan!

821 - 840 of 978 Posts