·
arsing about
2,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
supercharged ninja 650r - Im going to end with a broke bike

So this is the bike now:

Here is a little mockup of some work that will hopefully be done to it soon:

Here is my ghetto coolant res:

The warning lights for engine temp, gas, oil pressure and all that jazz are getting relocated to someplace on the handlebars and possibly the tach as well with the circuit board going either under the back seat or maybe under the gas tank.

I want to do something with the tail, maybe a cafe racer type deal?

If I can find some rearsets for cheep I'll make a custom riser plate to bolt them on.

·
arsing about
2,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
looks really cool.

but our arrow that says "new rearsets" isn't pointing to the rearset it's pointing to the passenger peg.
Uh... im going for an extreme seating possition and putting the rearsets back there?

Reactions: oopernostrum

·
arsing about
2,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Chopped the can in half, already got pulled over and talked to about it. Cop said it was altered from stock and somebody in the future might write me a ticket for it. :wtf:

Got a plan for a tail, hopefully will have it setup in the next few days.

Reactions: Stainr

·
arsing about
2,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I remember a couple years ago there was some legislation in Colorado that said that you could not fit aftermarket exhaust to any motorcycle. I didn't know if it passed or not. is that what this is about?
I do remember that, last I heard it was only a city of denver thing.

http://www.roadracingworld.com/news/article/?article=29246

The previous owner of my can did ditch the bike at the track so it has some rash down the side which makes the chop a little obvious. I'm just going to wrap the thing back up again with the fiberglass and call it good.

·
arsing about
2,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Set the headlights up vertical and moved the plate behind the rear wheel. Cut the can and painted+wrapped the whole exhaust.

Next is move the battery under the tank and then work on the tail. Progress is kinda slow because my bike is my only transportation and i gotta ride it every day.

Got some aluminum plate on the way to make rearsets, going to get this thing running and see if I'm any good at machining.

·
dirtywrecker
319 Posts
Woodcraft makes some rear sets for that bike. They just get rid of the passenger and save like 7 lbs.

·
arsing about
2,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Woodcraft makes some rear sets for that bike. They just get rid of the passenger and save like 7 lbs.
Yeah, they are really nice. sadly they go for almost $400.

·
arsing about
2,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks guys.

this 650 is sick. you gotta tell me where you got the headlight mount. I'ts exactly what I need to accomplish what I want.. SICk bike!!
Its from aztec8.

·
arsing about
2,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
it looks like if you can get some rearsets you would save 30lbs
Yeah no joke, I think each of the stock things weigh in at 7lbs a piece.

·
arsing about
2,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Rearsets are going to start getting cut tomorrow, sketch of them:

·
arsing about
2,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
what's say you cut 4 each of those bad boys and hook a 650r brother up.
If they are not a pita to finish I might be able to hook you up if you want to cover the cost of materials and shipping.

·
arsing about
2,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
dont forget about this guy. i need some too. u could start a business just makin rear sets if every thing comes out right.
Yeah thats what im thinking, I know I can make them cheeper than woodcraft. Just not sure if it would be worth my time to make them to sell, just depends how much of a margin I could get.

·
arsing about
2,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

·
arsing about
2,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Gauges are no longer held on with lots of wire and duct tape.

Cutting half inch 6062 with a jigsaw is no joke, and I can't get the mill to hold the plate secure enough to cut in a straight line so the rearsets are going to take me some time to finish.

·
240 Posts
yo!!! I put my order in for those fuckn rear sets like a month ago!! WTF!!!:wtf: LOL!
whats up with them though really? I can't wait to see them on your bike......then on mine.:D

JEEEEEEESUSSS!!! get to fuckn work!!!

1 - 20 of 113 Posts