Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 125 Posts

·
Lazy bastard
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've continued with my old buildoff build, so I guess it's time to update. The old thread: http://www.customfighters.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26280

where this:

became this:

I was a fun ride, but an eyesore, so something had to be done with that. I'm going to redo the exhaust next winter, but for this summer it needed a makeover as you can see:

So off with the rust and what was left with the old paint:

And a quick sprayjob:

·
Lazy bastard
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The tank, fairings and brake calipers went to the painter and I decided to do the frame. So, out with the engine:

There are no more ram air tubes so I wanted to clean up the frame:

Both done and came out OK:

·
Lazy bastard
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Suzuki welds a legendarily awful looking, so I wanted to smooth them out of my sight:

Sanding bondo is great fun! Oh no, wait... It isn't...

·
Lazy bastard
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Eventually I got it done and it was time to paint the frame:

as well as some other bits that couldn't be powder coated (or I forgot to send :doh: ) :

·
Lazy bastard
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The engine also got a coat of black:

And after that it was time to start putting stuff back together:

·
Lazy bastard
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I weighed the wheels. All together the new Marchesinis with Pilot Power Pures are 6 kg lighter (with sprockets, brake disks etc.). Not bad.

Wheels on:

·
Lazy bastard
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Because of the fork shrouds I needed new light brackets. First some paper templates:

Bent some sheetmetal:

Upper:

A quick sprayjob now, powder coat later (unless I come up with something better and decide to make new ones):

·
Lazy bastard
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Some stickers to finish the job and we're done for this summer. Some tweaks here and there will follow next winter.

·
Lazy bastard
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
stunning. why the stock muffler ?
Thanks. I'd like to hide the muffler under the engine somehow and probably have to rebuild the whole exhaust and possibly the muffler too for that, so I didn't want to spend any more energy on the exhaust at this point.

·
Yeahhhhhhh Budddyyy
109 Posts
Thats so fucking gorgeus!
Amazing job! the way u posted it all makes me think u did it all on a slow afternoon at work xD

1 - 20 of 125 Posts