Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
The Hooligan
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A couple weeks ago I sold my old project, a Chinese 250 Dual Sport, and picked up a 91 CBR. It has a rebuilt title but was the cleanest I could find for the money. It has a few goodies, stainless lines, fox shock manual CCT etc.

Everyone likes pics, so here are a few.

When I brought her home

Quick chop job and signal switch on the rear end.

Started pulling crap off

Sooo much wiring to hide!

Initial headlight mockup, not really liking it

Hacked the temp gauge and some of the idiot lights off of the stock cluster which will be used for now.

Different bug screen, looking a bit better

Stuffed all the wiring around the airbox and went for a test ride last night. Bottom headlight mount needs to be shorter as I’m lighting up the moon instead of the road. Next on the list is to get the frame and all my brackets painted black, also need to shorted the most of the harness, lengthen a few wires and mount the temp gauge down on the frame somewhere.
Down the road I want to add some risers and bar, chop the fender, remove the hugger, add a digital dash and a belly pan. eventually I think I’m going to swap in an rr tail (need to keep a passenger seat for the missus).
Work will be slow as this is my daily driver and I also have another MMA fight coming up so time is limited.

·
The Hooligan
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Did a bunch more work this weekend, but not much that you can see. Cleaned up a bunch of the wireing and moved the fuse box so I can get at it.

Moved the headlight closer to the forks and aimed it properly, put my mirrors on, flipped my clipons and replaced most of the zipties with bolts.

Really want to get the frame and headers painted as the rust is an eyesore!

·
The Hooligan
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Won some virago risers on ebay, and picked up some drag bars from a local shop today.

also trimmed the bulky front fender down, pretty happy with the result.

·
The Hooligan
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Picked up some rollbar paint and VHT coating for the exhaust so paint will happen in the next few weeks.
Also should have sold some of the stock fairing pieces so now I'm try to decide if the cash will spent on digital gauges or if I should start on a 600RR tail swap??

·
The Hooligan
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
The Hooligan
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm sure most wont like the side panels but I'm digging them right now. May change them when I get the frame painted. Will look better when I finish my mesh rad cover at that will wrap around and fill the gap between the top of the panel and the tank. Was kinda hard to do somthing that was different from all the other F2's

·
MOTIVATED AGAIN!!!
2,206 Posts
That looks pretty good like that actually. Nice work! If you don't sell those plastics you could cut the sides down and use the lower portion as a belly pan. It has great lines for it already.

·
The Hooligan
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks, yes definately had the shape of the potential belly panel in mind when I trimmed the panels down to this.

·
The Hooligan
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well I blew out my knee a couple of weeks ago so I wont be riding for a bit, good time to D some W.

Ordered a bunch of parts including a 600RR solo tail but stuff is slow getting here right now due to the recent mail strike.

Risers did arrive though so I can get a bit of an idea of how the drag bars will work.

Going to start stripping it down so I can paint the frame and swinger while I wait for stuff to arrive. Hopefully will have it all back together before fighter fest west!

·
Ur momma!
72 Posts
I like your bike, looks sick now but would b sicker with that tail!! absolutly awsome nice job!!

·
The Hooligan
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Stuff happened!
(Sorry for the big pics)

Did a bunch of cleaning up on the wiring and painted some stuff, slapped the new bars, levers and headlight brackets on. Also added some mesh in a couple of places to clean stuff up.
Didn't get to ride much tonight as my insurance needs to be renewed, but I'll get that sorted tommorow.

Going to start work on the tail swap, probably wont have that done for FFW but no biggie. It's starting to look like what I see in me head!

·
The Hooligan
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Doc said I'm good to ride again, renewed my insurance and went for a long backroads ride. Stopped at Hatley castle, or as it's better known Professor Xavier's School for Gifted Youngsters, and grabbed a couple of pics.

Rides really nice with the new bars.

·
Mr. Stink-finger
303 Posts
Looks good man! How are those projectors as far as brightness at night??? I was gonna try my hand at building a mask and wanted to go to projectors.......also YOU READY FOR FFW?????

·
The Hooligan
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yea stoaked for FFW!!!
The firebolt projectors are actually really good at night, better than the stock H4 light.

·
The Hooligan
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yea it'll be on, wont be perfect but it'll look better than the stock setup.

·
The Hooligan
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
So the tail is on, seat is from an F4 so it does not fit that well, may get somthing else to replace it. Also need to get some of the RR side panels, right now it's hacked up F2 units that I heat formed, and some mudflap to fill in the gap. :party:

Tail light in an R6 integrated jobbie that was broken. I opened it up and resoldered some connections and it works nice. The brackets are just mocked up in crappie angle iron, and I also need to paint the subframe, but it's close enough for FFW.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts