Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

21 - 40 of 78 Posts

·
Procrastinator
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
The rear master cylinder mounting bracket also needs machining so that it sits parallel to the frame rail. I was going to get it properly done with a clever person with a milling machine, but I'll go old skool and do it myself with grinder / hacksaw / file (and get it all wonky in the process).

Attachments

·
Procrastinator
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I needed shorter tie bars for the rear shock, as the adjustable top mount was maxed out, so got some aluminium strip and made some rather plain ones, rather than the dog bone and slotted versions I had that are too long...

Attachments

·
Procrastinator
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Because the side covers don't quite line up to the frame how I'd like them to, I'm going to use them as a buck and make fibreglass replicas. Which will probably fit even worse, but if you don't try you don't get...

Attachments

·
Procrastinator
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Making the mould for the tail unit was a little more complicated than just covering it all in gel coat... thanks to the shape it has to be a three piece mould, which means a break line along the length, and a panel for the rear / underneath. Making the wall to split the length meant cutting a sheet of cardboard roughly to shape, trimming it to something close by using masking tape, and then using that shape to transfer to a sheet of corrugated sign board..

Attachments

21 - 40 of 78 Posts