Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

61 - 78 of 78 Posts

·
Procrastinator
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
I'd been thinking about headlight brackets, and how ridiculously expensive anything that approached being nice to look at was. This train of thought moved on through various things, including the purchase of a random Suzuki bottom yoke (yes folks, a yoke, there's only one so it can't be a triple anything), off some form of motocrosser I think...

Attachments

·
Procrastinator
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
And it was introduced to the chop saw. And then the grinder, and then some files.
All the time during which I was still undecided about what I was actually going to do for a headlight...

Attachments

·
Procrastinator
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
I had originally thought that the battery would go behind one of the side panels, but I found an old battery box and started trying it for size.
After some fiddling and thinking with a cup of tea in hand, I cut a bracket from L section aluminium, bolted the battery box to it and then it all to the ally slugs in the frame rails and took a look.
Happy with that, I got it welded up by a grown up, with a couple of strengthening tabs, and bolted it back on...

Attachments

·
Procrastinator
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #71
you could fit twin coolers, one under each side panel, linked across the subframe
Now that the battery is in the tail unit, that is certainly a possibility! My only concern is the heat giving the shock some problems, although I have an R6 fan that can be used, and that could be used to draw cool air over the shock and through the rads... another brew and some think time is required :drunk:

·
Procrastinator
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #72
Some lovely peg hangers from the wonderful Sam Baker, absolutely perfect.
Except some steaming divot didn't give the right dimensions for the peg holes so there needs to be changes made...

Attachments

·
Registered
989 Posts
I'd been thinking about headlight brackets, and how ridiculously expensive anything that approached being nice to look at was. This train of thought moved on through various things, including the purchase of a random Suzuki bottom yoke (yes folks, a yoke, there's only one so it can't be a triple anything), off some form of motocrosser I think...
It's called a triple clamp because its main function is to clamp three things together; two forks and a stem. Not because there are three of it. :p

·
Registered
989 Posts
Yeah, I knew that Mr Nip ;) it was just a little gentle trans-Atlantic leg pulling :D
Sometimes when you set out to look stupid you find more success than planned. <3

It's a TREE damn it!

Edit: This is a lot more dickish, in the light of... actually, it's dark now, but anyway: I was out of line, and I apologize. DW

61 - 78 of 78 Posts