·
V four honda whore
12,488 Posts
Whaaa? I want some pics

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
These are some of the process pics from the Instructable. I'm working on sorting the luggage and back-end before I revisit the handlebars and cockpit. Replacing the dashboard doesn't seem as easy as the doing the lights because the wiring isn't as plug-and-play.

The base of the Versys is awesome - and I'm reminded of that everytime I go out out riding and the other dudes complain about their suspension. And long distance or commuting are no problem. It just looks a bit weird stock...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Sub'd and interested!

Versys' have been on my radar for a while now, but I can't find anything local have a good look at. I don't want to hijack you build, but I was curious of your thoughts on the bike. Handling, ergos, power curve...that kind of stuff.
I think it's awesome and most times I go out for a ride I'm reminded why. I don't even notice that the road we're on is rough until the others complain, because the suspension is great. Long distances are easy with the comfortable seat and position (which I may end up changing depending on what I do with the handlebars) – though I get more wind blast with the new screen over the stock version, but that was expected. I commute daily on it and the height is great for visibility. It's got a high centre of gravity and is a lot heavier than something like my pal's MT-09. I've had it for a while and passed my licensing test on it when everyone else in the test was on scooters or 250's. The ABS is also great. Mine's the 2010 model and I'd say (and so would my riding buddies), that it's only my skill, not the bike, if I'm not keeping up.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts