Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
ADAM FAN CLUB PRESIDENT
12,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my sister is looking at buying a 929 but it has fucked piston rings,blowin blue smoke (929 must be famouse for this)
it reallly cheap,and other then that it still rides good,i rode with the dude in the summertime?
so she asked me if it was worth buyin?????i thought id get some outside imput before tellin her anything??what do you guys think??

·
The Soft Serve Enigma
16,719 Posts
Price? Overall physical cond.?

·
ADAM FAN CLUB PRESIDENT
12,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
good condition,plastics and everything are good,has a scorpian pipe on it,new brakes
i think he wants $4000 for it
it has under 10 000km on it,it was laid down but all the plastic got replaced

·
The Soft Serve Enigma
16,719 Posts
Sounds like a deal to me...IF all it needs is rings, that's a fair deal to me. If it needs more though...be careful.

·
The Soft Serve Enigma
16,719 Posts
depends on your mechanical ability...I don't know what a shop would try to charge. It's a time consuming job, and that's if everything goes right...

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,640 Posts
4 GRAND for a 929 blowing smoke needing rings? shit.

get em down to 3 and i'll sell you a 929 motor for 1k, and you can have backup.

I dont know about that man...id tell em to get it fixed first or drop the price. sounds shaky to me unless you really think/know its an easy fix.

·
ADAM FAN CLUB PRESIDENT
12,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
929_adam said:
4 GRAND for a 929 blowing smoke needing rings? shit.

get em down to 3 and i'll sell you a 929 motor for 1k, and you can have backup.

I dont know about that man...id tell em to get it fixed first or drop the price. sounds shaky to me unless you really think/know its an easy fix.
hows your motor run?

·
The Soft Serve Enigma
16,719 Posts
That's a better way to word it...basically I'm saying it's not a horrible deal if everything else is cool....but if the rings are gone, something caused that failure and it may not be so simple.

I like Adam's option...swap in the 1K engine and keep the other for a backup. :D...plus just think of all the money you'll get back when you sell the plastics to fighter it!

·
ADAM FAN CLUB PRESIDENT
12,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
im not buyin it,my sis is and she like plastic bikes,at least the 929 looks good with plastics on

ill ask her when i see what she wants to do
buy the bike and fix the rings
or
buy the bike and then buy adam motor
or
or tell the guy to fuck off and stick a banana up his ass

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,640 Posts
motor ran great, when i took it out of the bike LAST winter. had like 12k mileage. ran strong like bull.

things just chillen. plugged up with oily rags.

·
The Soft Serve Enigma
16,719 Posts
What did you guys say about Honda reliability? :D j/k

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,640 Posts
and did you fix that one?

·
ADAM FAN CLUB PRESIDENT
12,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
929_adam said:
and did you fix that one?
ya,a buddy of from back in austrailia was down,and hes a journyman mechanic,and he fixed it for me,for the cost of parts and a night partying

·
The Soft Serve Enigma
16,719 Posts
Yeah...uh huh...75,000 trouble free Suzuki kilometers over here lol. I only diss Honda to bug you guys. You know damn well my favourite fighter is an RC51!

·
The Soft Serve Enigma
16,719 Posts
says the Yammi owner...Honduh and Zook are both better options!

1 - 20 of 41 Posts