Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
British Bloke in Canada
2,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wont be entering, the Streetfighter buildoff,
but if any of you have some questions, or want any advice, im pretty good at thinking through some Ideas.
and can often see further down the line than most.

best of luck with your builds people,
Im looking forward to your seeing your designs and your bikes, and take pictures as you go.

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,640 Posts
looks like we have an official consultant for the buildoff! :rock:

·
The Soft Serve Enigma
16,719 Posts
Fuckin rights! He lives 12 minutes from me! SCHWEET!

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,640 Posts
i think skroOz and i need to spend some time in this thread bouncing ideas off each other. haha.

i have my general ideas worked out, some specifics, some crazy shit...but i have some details i need to work out.

The 929 is gonna be old school racer kinda rat rod style. I'm going black with red and white. prawly pinstriping the bike mbe red rims . we shall see. im trying to find a good exaple of a nice old school interior or seat that i can use as reference. i've been lookin but havent come across the right one yet. im thinking stitching mbe some embroidery. probably leather.... ideas??

the 600 is gonna be decked out like the website. black and green with some nice highlights. nothin crazy planned for this one yet...but im not done planning. gonna put the USD front end on it. do some (probably extensive) body work to it. got a couple ideas to really show its the sites official bike
:metal:

skrooz wut you thinking about for the 954? gonna run a belly pan on her?? i like the look of those. and the angles on that bike are great. the tank is so fuckin nice!!!

anybody else stuck on ideas?? wanna bounce somthing around??

·
The Soft Serve Enigma
16,719 Posts
I wanna blow some heads off and blow you all away...

I'm stuck on "original" headlights, colours, etc...we'll see what transpires...

·
the mad doctor
3,399 Posts
929_adam said:
i think skroOz and i need to spend some time in this thread bouncing ideas off each other. haha.

i have my general ideas worked out, some specifics, some crazy shit...but i have some details i need to work out.

The 929 is gonna be old school racer kinda rat rod style. I'm going black with red and white. prawly pinstriping the bike mbe red rims . we shall see. im trying to find a good exaple of a nice old school interior or seat that i can use as reference. i've been lookin but havent come across the right one yet. im thinking stitching mbe some embroidery. probably leather.... ideas??

the 600 is gonna be decked out like the website. black and green with some nice highlights. nothin crazy planned for this one yet...but im not done planning. gonna put the USD front end on it. do some (probably extensive) body work to it. got a couple ideas to really show its the sites official bike
:metal:

skrooz wut you thinking about for the 954? gonna run a belly pan on her?? i like the look of those. and the angles on that bike are great. the tank is so fuckin nice!!!

anybody else stuck on ideas?? wanna bounce somthing around??

bastid!! :LolLolLolLol:

the old rat rod style has always been my fave, combined with a lil evilness (think old white zombie video). that's kinda why i built my old bobber, easier to get that effect. trust me, if i could manage to find a set of hubs that would work, i'd have powdercoated red spoked rims with stainless spokes and black hubs :D. hell, i already have a 17x5.5 and a 17x3.5 rim sitting here doing nothing. i'm toying with the idea of bare metal spokes with red outer rims on the 954 actually, but haven't finalized anything.

i just got a reeeallly nice set of striping brushes too, been practicing on everything in sight.

the way the 929/954 subframe mounts, and the fact i have to have a back seat is really killing me. i could easily fab up a new subframe, and make a sick tail, but on my (lack of) budget, i don't see that happening.

i swapped out my dirt bars for an old set of clubman style to see if i liked it, but they are REALLY uncomfortable. i have a 40 or so mile round trip ride to work every day. even that far was no fun.

i may just end up doing something more german-ish, though without THAT much of an extreme tail. you're right about the angles on the bike, that's one of the things i really like about it, even as-is. don't know how much of that i really want to change. i'm so used to starting with a big random pile of parts, and having to make it all work, that starting with a complete bike, that i really have no problems with, seems to be ALOT harder than i thought it would be.

i think my main goal at this point is to come up with ways of making the bike LOOK alot lighter. i'd like to see more air and less plastic between the seats and the back tire, without jacking up the back of the bike. that's gonna require reworking the lower rail of the subframe. i'm trying to come up with what i need to build an exhaust system similar to something i had on one of the first bikes i built. nice and simple, but really cleans up the lines of the bike. problem is i can't do much with the titanium headers, as no one around here seems to want to try to weld them. i've never even tried it, and i don't have a spare set in case they get destroyed.

i have alot of thinking to do. i parked my bike on the spare lift at work today and must have spent 1/4 or the day staring at it, lol.

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,640 Posts
so do the 954 and 929 have same headers???

·
the mad doctor
3,399 Posts
929_adam said:
so do the 954 and 929 have same headers???
you know, i don't really know?? very well could be. what i really need is a stock middle section. if the bolt pattern is the same, i guess i could use one from a 929. have to look into that.

trying to score a second subframe cheap from e-bay, my last one got trashed playing in a lot. the one on the bike now is straight, but i figure with a second subframe, and the 2 spare tails i have, i can build something off the bike, since i still have to ride to work every day. that way when it's close to finished, i can just take off the old stuff, and bolt on the new.

seems there's LOTS of used 954 stuff on e-bay right now.

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,640 Posts
well if the exhaust matches, i have 2 full sets. could help a brother out.

:twocents:

·
the mad doctor
3,399 Posts
929_adam said:
well if the exhaust matches, i have 2 full sets. could help a brother out.

:twocents:
i'll look into it tomorrow. i may need a few measurements if i can't find a 929 sitting around anywhere. i'll let you know.

btw, what would you want for the center section?

·
Abministrator
10,687 Posts
Where do I want to end up?

I think I want to end up on a beach in a lounge chair, with a nice big barrel of Jack Daniels next to me with a really long straw :rock:

oh shit, you meant in the buildoff, huh? :LolLolLolLol:

Well, my plans for the CRF100 are to give it some more attitude and make it work for me a little better for what I use it for...
:cfcartman:

·
The Soft Serve Enigma
16,719 Posts
Make it run on JD...that's sorta like ethanol...

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,640 Posts
skr00zloose said:
i'll look into it tomorrow. i may need a few measurements if i can't find a 929 sitting around anywhere. i'll let you know.

btw, what would you want for the center section?
i'll cross ref. the parts at work tomorrow...and look up a price for that mid piece. i wont rake you, not a big deal.

·
All star !!!
6,714 Posts
I want a high mount pipe to mount my exhaust....anyone got one of those laying around I can hack up to make it fit?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts