Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
The Wizard
32 Posts
I can't talk for everyone but I would be willing to spend $150 for a combo tach/speedo gauge. So how are you going to appease the different rpm requests? My bike is 14 top but my paws is 6, will this be all custom? Also, for us Eskimos up north are you gonna make a km version?

·
The Wizard
32 Posts
^^ Hmm..the plot thickens. Damn hard to please everybody,huh?
Well that's just the thing. If you had a way to make different faces that could be interchanged for different RPM's and MPH/KPH then you may be able to just adjust to the clients requests.
When I went shopping for cheap universal gauges I found many that I liked but they didn't go up to my bikes red line. If you could solve this dilemma I'm sure you would have a solid following.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Well that's just the thing. If you had a way to make different faces that could be interchanged for different RPM's and MPH/KPH then you may be able to just adjust to the clients requests.
When I went shopping for cheap universal gauges I found many that I liked but they didn't go up to my bikes red line. If you could solve this dilemma I'm sure you would have a solid following.
I think I'm going to learn some more python to make an automated faceplate design web interface so you could make this a gauge for anything, you want. Which would make for a week or 2 delay from when you order. The biggest problem is that the face plate is physical which doesn't lend itself well to customization at production. Right now we have 5.5k,10k,12.8k, and 16k rpm models. However having to handle each one individually does add cost. I'm still trying to figure out how to make a one size fits all faceplate and do the rest in software.

·
watches you sleep.
9,116 Posts
The biggest problem is that the face plate is physical which doesn't lend itself well to customization at production.

I dunno man. I'd say the biggest problem here is that you only have 5 posts and youre asking people if they're interested in buying a mass produced item from you. Like I said you need 50 posts to sell here. It would have been nice if you at least acknowledged that.

·
Deano
78 Posts
Reactions: Jackstand Johnny

·
☢
5,596 Posts
I'm thinking about doing a kickstarter to do large volume run. So I want some feedback, though anything is helpful, I really want to know what would you be willing to pay for this?(assuming the leds are the color you want) That way I know if this would even be possible sell for more than it costs before I get too many crazy ideas.
he's not selling anything. he's getting feedback for a possible run. at that point, sure he can post in the classifieds if he meets the requirements.

·
Deano
78 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
I dunno man. I'd say the biggest problem here is that you only have 5 posts and youre asking people if they're interested in buying a mass produced item from you. Like I said you need 50 posts to sell here. It would have been nice if you at least acknowledged that.
Yeah I realize that. The user that recommended this forums said that it would probably be interesting to people here. If you look at the title I'm not selling anything, I'm thinking about maybe doing a kickstarter, I don't have a product or even kickstarter yet that I could be "selling". I'm trying to get feedback so I know what features I should consider adding so people might actually want the thing if I decided to go through with it which wouldn't happen for another 6 months. I plan on posting plenty more before then.

·
Deano
78 Posts
Yeah I realize that. The user that recommended this forums said that it would probably be interesting to people here. If you look at the title I'm not selling anything, I'm thinking about maybe doing a kickstarter, I don't have a product or even kickstarter yet that I could be "selling". I'm trying to get feedback so I know what features I should consider adding so people might actually want the thing if I decided to go through with it which wouldn't happen for another 6 months. I plan on posting plenty more before then.
What are you? Some kind of unavercity educated now it all? fansy pants spellin and puntuaton. nut evn usin any swer werdz n shit cunt. u wont b fitin in hear good at all m8

Reactions: bonez8

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
I think it's a good idea if you got it smaller with a speedo on it to I'd rock one. I know my Rpms through gears and all that but it tends to make me speed more when I don't have something to look at telling me I'm doing 40+ over the speed limit.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts