·
ShamanFighter
22,340 Posts
OR NAH. ill pass

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Not even. you can get a pretty damn decent off road toy for 2k. Hell for 1k you could get a clean blaster that would shit on that thing.

For 3500 one can find a liquid cooled atc250r and live their ******* fantasies to the fullest.

·
watches you sleep.
9,116 Posts
I've owned a blaster bored to a 240 and borrowed an ATC 250r for a month or so and let me tell you that trike was fucking nasty. Dangerous as shit too. It barrel rolled on the dude who nownednit and ejected His ass lol. I used to pop the back left or right wheel up and ride around the yard on the front and one back wheel. Way too easy for it to flop over. The blaster was insane too, but also very unforgiving. Then in true Yamaha fashion, it took a shit on me a few months after I got it. I'd love to pick up an automatic trans sport quad someday. Anyone knows how reliable and overall decent the Polaris quads from the 90s and early 2000s are? Cause they seem to be the only one with auto trans.

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
within affordability: check out the kaw kfx700. (one can be had for the asking price of this shitbox 3 wheeler which is now 2500 btw). they look like they rip the tires pretty damn good for an auto. also they supposedly have a nice wheelie balance. and they take well to jumping for a 700. I guess the suspension is pretty half decent and they fly straight.

"sky is the limit": them big can ams.

old polaris scramblers? pretty janky. I'd take one for free i guess. would never buy one. probably try to sell it cheap before it breaks. chassis and suspension is archaic at best. A sluggish utility quad in wolfs clothing if you will.

polaris quads from the 90s and 2000s are like something a child built with an erector set. I would strongly recommend a look at the vforce 700 instead if you can swing it.

·
That guy
4,468 Posts
I favor the 700 Kawi over any of my cousins fleet of Canams, the canams just feel as bulky as they are, the Vforce doesn't feel as weighty, much more nimble physically its smaller as well.
The only time I would take his bored stroked and turbo'd 1240 or something cc renegade is on a dirt drag, or his bone stock 800 its still just too heavy for me.

I grew up riding a blaster, 18" rears and some head work and they really fly. I always liked the smaller lighter quads personally, but mostly rode through trails, Im unique here in the fact I do not like the 400cc sport quads that are ever so popular today.

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yea 400ex and z400s are boring unless you swap in an interesting motor. rather have at least a serious 450 or just a raptor. Or like you said something small and zippy. A blaster probably gives the 400s a good run with just an exhaust.

I had a blaster that I beat the balls off of for a good few years back in the day. on the stock bore of course. one of the most reliable off road toys I ever had. yours was big bored jackstand no offense but that turns my attention away from the manufacturer and towards whoever built it most recently. On the other hand Ive had bad experiences with a yz250 that were clearly faulty yamaha engineering so i know that "im not so sure about a yamaha" feeling. but man my blaster was like a kdx200 on four wheels. just kept a goin.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts