Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what do you do for long rides?

haven't really been riding as much as I have in previous years.. did around 600km's yesterday and it killed me..

thinking of putting on some sheep skin for longer rides.. as right now my seat consists of carbon seat unit, with graves foam on top.

leaving for a 5 day 2800ish km/1700 mile trip this weekend.. :nuts:

anyone do anything to set up for long distances?

·
Fuck it, let's do it live
3,993 Posts
what do you do for long rides?
Man up and deal with it. I have a 1/2" thick neoprene (not very comfy) pad on top of carbon, and it's rather narrow which puts the hard corners right on my ass bones. Did a 8-9hr ride of almost 100% twisties not that long ago. Shit sucks, but I didn't build it for comfort.

·
Premium Member
1,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Man up and deal with it. I have a 1/2" thick neoprene (not very comfy) pad on top of carbon, and it's rather narrow which puts the hard corners right on my ass bones. Did a 8-9hr ride of almost 100% twisties not that long ago. Shit sucks, but I didn't build it for comfort.
yeah mine was around 10.. sure that starts to hurt yeah but not a huge deal.. doing it 4-5 days in a row... thats the biggie..

·
Premium Member
5,686 Posts
Gel seat pad/airhawk?

·
V four honda whore
12,487 Posts
Bump up your tushy to be softer :D

Reactions: ROBBO

·
"Fuck yo couch" -Socrates
1,012 Posts
I've got half inch closed cell neoprene foam on top of a carbon seat pan and it's not exactly comfy but I've ridden for 5+ hours without my ass falling asleep.

Get some of the 1" seat foam from AirtechStreamlining if you want super duper ass comfort. I recently had the pleasure of touching a bit of the half inch foam that was on a fiberglass tail on a thruxton I saw and it made my foam feel like clinker tile in comparison lol.

·
Fuck it, let's do it live
3,993 Posts

·
Registered
956 Posts
ride my cbr with 1inch foam as the seat and its ok not had much problems doing 100-300 miles...
the uncomfy part is the metal tank that your nuts hit whenever you land a wheelie or hit a bump! need to slope my seat to flat at the front!

Cycling padded shorts do work though!

·
V four honda whore
12,487 Posts
Or keep your knees on tank. Also invest in some grippy material on tank

Reactions: caferacerdan

·
Administrator
5,264 Posts
My seat is a killer but as said, sheepskin worked for me:

Decided to add a little long range comfort to the seat. Inspired by one of my biking heroes Austin Vince:

I bought an old sheepskin rug on ebay:

Shaved it:

Stitched it:

And now I have a removable "comfort seat":

Touratech eat your heart out. :D
Does get a few funny looks though and gets dirty quick. If I had a black seat I might have gone with black sheepskin.

·
Registered
956 Posts
some very padded glutes are def helpfull

wow ROBBO...you've been working out :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts