Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Full Combat Fighter
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I wrecked my TL, and am beginning the process of rebuilding it. Question I have is, with the risers and handlebar setup, the throttle setup isn't adequate. I want to do it right, so how do I do longer throttle cables? Most universal ones are for harley's I didn't think they would be compatible... very frustrated with the lack of info so far in searching.

·
Premium Member
683 Posts
I struggled with this myself when I tried to find cables for my bike. I think your best bet is to figure out how much longer you want your stock throttle cable/cables to be and send them off to Motion Pro to have a custom one made. There isn't much info out there on exact cable lengths.

I ended up ordering a universal Emgo they said would fit my carbs since I didn't have a cable to fit my carbs. I changed from a pull to push/pull style. The plan was to check the fitment and send them to Motion Pro with the correct length if they needed to be longer or shorter. I got lucky and they just happened to work for me.

·
114 Posts
Don't know what it's like where you live but here in NZ I've always gone to a place that services chainsaws etc and they have the inner and outer on a huge roll and the nipples are sold one by one.
Then solder on the nipples to whatever length you want and you're good to go.

Have also found some transmission/brake automotive shops have them too.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts