Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is probably kind of a noob question but is there a proper way of routing the throttle cables around the steering neck? I know originally they came from the left side around the front of the neck and over to the throttle on the right handle bar. Is it ok to route them on the right side of the frame back to the carbs? Hope that makes sense to everyone

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
Yes its ok just make sure whatever way you route them they dont interfere with the handling of the bike. Like you can't turn your front end all the way in either direction because the cables prevent you from turning it as far as it needs

·
Premium Member
1,336 Posts
This is probably kind of a noob question but is there a proper way of routing the throttle cables around the steering neck? I know originally they came from the left side around the front of the neck and over to the throttle on the right handle bar. Is it ok to route them on the right side of the frame back to the carbs? Hope that makes sense to everyone
The route of least resistance that doesn't interfere with steering or pull the cables when turning is the way to go. I actually have the cables routed up behind the triple and over to the back of the bars on my ZX9.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies. I kinda figured it was ok as long as everything had room to move when turning and no binding. I just wanted to check with some others who new what would work.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts