Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
lɐʇuǝɯᴉɹǝdx&#4
3,517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trying to replace my throttle tube. Seems like the one they sold me (after looking up my bike in the computer) has a substantially larger diameter - I'm cool with that, would rather be able to go WOT without having to bury my wrist. But it seems there isn't enough slack in the cables. I turned the elbos all the way in, and don't see any adjustment for this on the carb... what can I do to get the cables on there???

·
Feckin Eejit!
6,966 Posts
Are we talk in "just barely won't fit" or "no fkn way this'll fit" ?
Maybe wedge the carb throttle cam at wot for some slack and see if you get enough to hook it up and pray it isn't holding the carbs open while hooked up?

Edit: you said cableS. Do you need the return cable? I removed the return on my Harley and my Triumph only has one... What's the point of the return cable anyway? Just in case the springs on the carbs fail?

Sent from my HTCONE

·
lɐʇuǝɯᴉɹǝdx&#4
3,517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How short? Somewhere between "hmm, if I could just wedge this on there" and "no fucking way" short.

Removing the return cable does sound a good bet, would at least let me get the bike back home. Or I may put the old tube back on, though I slightly damaged it in removal. Only reason I'm replacing it is the po GLUED the grip onto it. :p

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
As long as you're not doing wheelies all the time you don't need the return cable and I don't think you'll be doing much 1 wheeled shanangans on a gold wing

·
Bitches love Fighters
5,325 Posts
As long as you're not doing wheelies all the time you don't need the return cable and I don't think you'll be doing much 1 wheeled shanangans on a gold wing
youd be surprised. my gl1100 would loft the front wheel haha

1 - 5 of 5 Posts