Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 100 Posts

·
V4's FTW
10,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Post some pics of your tig projects here. Can be anything! I just finally got my Lincoln Precision tig 225 set up tonight & got to start on a pile of projects that have been waiting for it...

Wheel balancer, made from 6061 sheet.

Would have preferred to make it from steel so I could easily attach my mag-base dial indicator for checking runout, but I didn't think of that at the time. I did add 4 stainless ball bearings for a real good balance.

Swingarm nut tool for VFR750 - because Honda just wants way too much for the one they sell.

Also got started on this 929 top triple, needed a larger flat area to bolt risers to, so I'm just filling it top and bottom. Will hold me over till I can get a "real" triple. Using the granite as a heatsink is not the best idea, but I won't be able to go get a thick steel or AL plate till the weekend.

Of course I've welded other stuff, but these are my first projects done with my own machine, out of my own garage. :knucks:

·
wtf?
1,202 Posts
It took me years to combine having money, and finding a great deal. If you're patient, you will own one someday. :thumbsup:
Im not even going to look for one until I am out of school. I have access to Miller Dynasty's and Synchrowave 250's.

I may end up buying my own torch and lead though. My buddy brought his in and it was super light and flexible, and he had a pyrex cup on it. It was a very nice setup

·
Registered
180 Posts
awesome thread!

keep them pictures coming that goes to everyone! :D

i wish id own a tig too.. i have access to esab caddy 180, its a small one but gets sh!t stuck together maybe someday i can post my achievements here :)

·
V4's FTW
10,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
keep them pictures coming that goes to everyone! :D
Yes please!

Doesn't have to be anything fancy, just post some pics of stuff you've made with a tig. :knucks:

·
CruiserTarded
490 Posts
those are some purty beads... gotta say that i like Yan's SSSA or the Busa subframe, not just for the welds, but they're some awesome ideas. and that swinger is just a work of art.

·
Broken
19 Posts
I dont have any good weld pictures really. I was practicing my DCEN Aluminum at work though. Material is 6061 <1". Synchrowave 351 set around 220 amp, 3/32 red 20cfh. Its pretty tricky, much different than AC. Theres 3 passes there, its applicable to the work we do and if we land a job I may need to help relieve the weldor at work.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 100 Posts