Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Welcome All to my first build. I live in a town called Rock Hill SC, USA:party-smiley:. I loved the bikes on here so much I finally found a bike to work on. Now it needs lot of work and I hope you all can help some with advice. Today I bought a 2000 CBR 600. It was layed down but in all ok bike for the price, of $1000 to start with. I have most of the parts and the title is clear. I know the forks will need to be fixed. Fist line of business is to fix them. I will try to find used ones of of Craig's list. Wish me luck :nuts: I will need it. I will post photos as I go. Please share what ever.
Thanks
David Hennes

·
Elbow Grease is Cheap
6,370 Posts
Someone correct me if this is wrong, but I believe all Hondas share the same steering stem. So you could get an awesome set of USD's off a newer model CBR.
Look around on this site, there's a download for a Service manual.

And welcome man.

·
Killed The Street
605 Posts
them forks would be FUCKED lol

·
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
LOL. Oh you know it is one of those build when the bike you buy comes with a repair manual. LOL. Ok time to look around the site and see what others are doing about the gauges.

·
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Still looking for forks, got some leads. Went on Charlotte's craigslist to find a few things. Found a bike jack for $50 used once, nice large vise for $10, and a battery charger for $20. Should have them in by tomorrow afternoon.

·
That guy
4,468 Posts
Im sure someone here or even ebay, may have some USD forks that would fit with relative ease.

·
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
First to all. Thanks on the input for the forks on ebay. Found a set for $200. Those will be here next week. Got some time between every thing to brake down the bike some. Now all the controls and wiring was already off, so to test the engine I have to hook that all back up.

On Street-fighters where does one hide all these wires. There are lots of them. For now I have shoved them under smog stuff. Look like I will be doing some rewiring. If any one has input please!

Also I have a bike lift now. I that I think needs a special bracket for these bikes. Right now I am using it to get the bike up so I do not have to be on the ground.

New Handelbars. I like to put risers on this, but how does one make sure he drills the holes right.

Thanks again to all.

·
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Rainy day today. Got to wait for some parts for the mail. I have time to kill. Hmm the ram air, can I bring that back? Played with some tape and old plastics. Kinda like it. With dirty bars it will clear. I am must not be the first who thought of this?

·
Commander Cool
9,707 Posts
the ram air only begins to function at very high speed, at which point you'll have flown off the back due to no fairings..but the vents there DO look very cool. make up some kind of fibreglass dealy and you should be sweet

·
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
On the Ram airs, yea I know it will all be for show. But I still want do it still for fun and looks. I found out the guy across my street is a retired body man. Still has his old English-wheel and equipment and still does some fenders for high end old cars. WOW. He will be coming over this week end to look at the air intakes and the back fender. He said that he misses doing work on bikes and would love to help me out. Oh the Back! Now I think the back is one place some one can show off how much a bike is a street-fighter. Here are some sketches of what I might have done. All input is welcome. And thanks already for the good words.

·
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I got it to run today. :party-smiley: What a job that was. Got my forks in, but after getting it running I realizes I have not even really started. Now making a full list of all the parts I need and would like to have. Did take some foam core and made some shapes of what the bike might look like.

·
North TX Street Fighter
815 Posts
looks good brotha, i like the drawings! which one are you planning on doing? i am always for bobbers!
i also once made a list...it was very discouraging, but dont give up. press on and work hard.
its got a lot of potential and i like where your going.
DO WORK brotha:shocker:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts