Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Deano
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im wondering if anyone here is a circuit geek and would know what i would need to make this work.

I press a button(momentary N/O switch?) and a circuit is closed and stays closed for a set amount of time (say 10 seconds) then the circuit opens automatically.

Any help would be appreciated.

Reactions: medimicated420

·
|||||||||||||||||||||||||
30,379 Posts

·
Remi's Dad
17,593 Posts
dont most harleys have a hall type/lean sensor for when the bike leans in terminates the voltage? So It shuts off as you turn?

however you could run a relay with voltage thru a time delay to your signals, that interupts the count when the brake switch is closed. Once the brake is open again it send power to the delay and terminates after the set time.

·
Hack in a barn
4,409 Posts
The self canceling blinkers on my sporty were run off an output coming from the speedometer, it would turn off the signals after 1/10 of a mile. When I took off the stock speedo and went to the motogadget I lost that output and my self canceling signals. There is this thing but it would require individual momentary switches for left and right blinkers, on switch per side. As far as how to wire them and the box I don't really know but I'd venture to say it wouldn't be difficult...

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/32471/i/signal-dynamics-self-canceling-turn-signal-module

·
Deano
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The self canceling blinkers on my sporty were run off an output coming from the speedometer, it would turn off the signals after 1/10 of a mile. When I took off the stock speedo and went to the motogadget I lost that output and my self canceling signals. There is this thing but it would require individual momentary switches for left and right blinkers, on switch per side. As far as how to wire them and the box I don't really know but I'd venture to say it wouldn't be difficult...

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/32471/i/signal-dynamics-self-canceling-turn-signal-module
This is definitely the easy option and not super pricey. I think ill grab this when i find what switches im going to use (i think im going to fab those bad boys up. Will take pics if it doesnt look garbage!)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts