Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay so i have a 600rr and a 929rr, both of wich have tip over sensors.

someone was asking me about the sensor on the 929 and how/when does it kick in.

i cant rightly say that i know. i've been wheeling these bikes both at balance point since i got them...and never had the bike shut off.

this kid was saying that when he puts his 929 up on the 12 bar...the bike shuts off.

this sound accurate???

i was thinking that he just hit the kill switch but im not sure.

·
the mad doctor
3,399 Posts
if it's mounted the right way it SHOULDN'T kill the bike at 12. however, mine used to make my bike stutter sometimes if i was rough with it. you can take the cover off and fill the sensor with silicone and you'll never have a problem again. if you do that though, the bike will stay running even after it falls over.

if he's got it mounted 90 degrees or so from how it normally sits, then it could make the bike cut off at 12.

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
he dont know how its mounted im sure. the whole wiring harness is in a big ball of duct tape, stuck behind his acerbis.:LolLolLolLol:

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
got any details of the paperclip mod??

·
(cheers smiley goes here)
4,286 Posts
It can shut it off at 12. Esp. if it is hanging funny. They are made for side to side shut down and all the ones i have looked at shouldn't sut off going back to the bar, But i disabled mine anyways. took it apart and taped it so it couldn't make contact.
I think i can find a link to the mod for the honda's ????
If it shut's off it would probably buck you off :wtf: :cfcartman:

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thx. so i guess for most hondas (f4i,600rr, 929, 954) there are 3 wires to your tip over sensor.

red
white
green

cut them all from the sensor (maybe leave a little wire on the sensor in case you someday wanna reinstall it..for whatever reason)
solder the red & green wires together (think xmas) then wrap up the white one by itself so it isnt exposed.

vois las. tip over sensor overridden.

someone in the thread said he cracked his sensor open. let the oil drain and then ripped out the pendulum inside it. dont know if he was serious or not.

thats what a tip sensor is. a small box with a pendulum that swings side to side inside of oil. so if your bike goes down on its side, it will shut itself off, by turning off the fuel supply. so its supposed to sense side to side motion, but ive heard a few dif. instances where it will shut off while people are doing wheelies (call that a mouse trap, cuz of how fast you slam down) there you go over the bars! AAhh. not good.

·
Welcome to the new day...
2,672 Posts
Hmm I don't think my 76 RD 350 Yamaha had one of them there gadgets he he

·
4,286 Posts
:ninja: :ninja: her's mine ??? It case this helps any gixer owners, Doesn't help you though .....lol

Attachments

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ow mY EYES!

·
4,286 Posts
929_adam said:
ow mY EYES!
hahaha