Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
81 - 92 of 92 Posts

·
hooligan quads
1,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #81 ·
Got the exhaust done.

Broke out my welder, stuck the 45° to the headers and bolted them on. Still not sure about the front indicators.

So I guess I'm just left to get it running. After killing one nackard battery I hope the other one will fire it up

Also got my new tool boxes set up and loaded

·
hooligan quads
1,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #82 ·
So pulled a school boy error.
When I put the fuel pump on I put it upside down so when I consulted the image in the manual I had it all plumbed in right but actually I had it the wrongs way round.

So with that sorted and shit battery on the bike this happened

http://youtu.be/xuabu8RqBmI

Still need to play with the carbs
And it was running better than that before but I had messed with the choke and forgot to hit record

·
hooligan quads
1,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #83 ·
As promised a better video. Also some pictures.

http://youtu.be/jD0MofBVbkY

Now I just need to tune the carbs and sort out the clutch and should be able.to test ride it

·
hooligan quads
1,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #85 ·
Excuse the hi pitch squeel and dodgy video my daughter was clearly excited.

https://youtu.be/dnprQbNZ3Gw

So not it just needs some fine tuning.

Brakes need bleeding again rear more than front. Clutch needs some fine adjustments or even a new cable. And it seems down on power a bit. Could be clutch could be chain too tight.

Reactions: Cookie2000ad

·
hooligan quads
1,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #87 ·
Well just finish the videos with this one. Moving next week and meet my goal of its being rideable there. Now I just need a new clutch cable but holding off ordering so it doesn't get messed up in the address changes.

Carbs seem to be fine now I think because the side stand is so high the angle messes with it. So I dialled them in with the bike upright and it's all good.

https://youtu.be/Fl-9q3EK8Y0

·
hooligan quads
1,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #88 ·
Well house move in full swing, had the keys since Friday. My main fear was progress stopping but as I got it pretty much running I'm kind of happy. Anyway rode the bike to the new house. Went ok still need a new clutch cable and some fine tuning. There is a couple of oil wips but this is probably where I just need to go through and retorque stuff up

Anyway a couple of pictures of Fridays move-in day. As expected it was a pain moving the garage

The first load ( there is a bandit in there somewhere)

Think your doing well then you look back in

Then when I closed the door Friday afternoon the new place looks like this

Call that minimum disturbance lol

By next weekend I should be able to get back on with the bikes

·
hooligan quads
1,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #89 ·
fund a oil leak from the clutch release mechanism, turns out it had de threaded so swapped it out ill test it tomorro. this could be a player in my clutch issues

Reactions: Cookie2000ad

·
hooligan quads
1,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #90 ·
quick update before i finish this up, bikes running great just needs an oil change now.

so i fixed a small oil leak on the headers, the caps were corroded so a quick swap around and thats done.

new clutch cable fitted, and the clutch is fine

still really needs of a rejet but that's a future job.

so i'm going to get some pictures this weekend and write the final write up as i'm going away so won't be here for the close. but i'm happy with the bike it runs but like i said a little bit of buttoning up before the MOT next month.

cheers for the "hi 5's" and watching

·
hooligan quads
1,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #91 ·
Sun was shining so grabbed some pic while it was out

First up what I have done

Mods

Front wavy light
Gators
Front mudguard
Braided lines
Cbr600 f2 front brake master
Levers
Koso speedo
Dirty bars
Re painted frame, tank, wheels engine
Finished porting head had head drilled and retapped
Rebuilt engine all new gaskets
Fzr rear wheel
Raptor 660 rear master
Er650 rear shock
Wavy rear disc
Shorten loom
Stripped reshaped resets
New tyres
Added pouches
R1 battery
Rear built the exhaust
Stainless bolts throughout
Silicon hoses or new rubber throughout

Final pictures
I added some weapons to finish the look but that's all there for

Voting pic

·
hooligan quads
1,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #92 ·
got the bike out for a couple of mile to the MOT centre for test.

well it go ok in higher revs but doesn't like the low end at all.

it blow a fork seal on the way there so failed straight away but got them to do the test anyway so i know what else i need to look at. it's a shortlist, rear light decided that some of the LEDs would stop working so i'll put another on for retest. the headlight isn't wired correctly (oversight on my part) to give the right patten. and the rear brake needs some attention. not bad really.

81 - 92 of 92 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.