Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

21 - 40 of 67 Posts

·
hooligan quads
1,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
That's the frame all one now. Just need to make a few more gussets. Not the prettiest of welds but it ain't going nowhere.

Note to self... Think through the process and welding things together first. Makes it difficult if you just weld it up with out thinking

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

·
hooligan quads
1,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Nothing exciting happening. Cleaning up the cases and getting them ready for paint.

Also working out next move on the frame

·
hooligan quads
1,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
All wrapped up, may get them painted and baked tonight.. why put off till tomorrow what can be done today

And all that

·
hooligan quads
1,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Well that's another job done. Now need to get a gasket set and the rebuild can start.

Still need to dig out the rest of the engine bits to get cleaned and painted too.

·
hooligan quads
1,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
So started the engine build today, maneged to strip a bolt in the gear selector, got a replacement luckily from a local place. Then I couldn't remove this bearing, wrecked the one in it originally and this one just fell apart so now waiting for one to turn up as nowhere local has one. And finally the oil pump bolts won't come out of the old engine waiting on a mate coming round with a better impact to give it ago.

Overall not a great day.

But the paint new engine is looking amazing all painted up

·
hooligan quads
1,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Had to get the engine and frame swapped over so the bike is on the lift and the engine on my bench so figured it was time for a quick throw together make sure it's all looking about right. Going to be a tall bike for my 5'8" build

·
hooligan quads
1,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Small job today before I get on the festive spirit or spirits. Cleaned up the front end of the frame as I need the space, then I replaced the steering stop with a wider one to use the mounts on the lower triple, also allows me to attach the steering stabilizer. Still not sure it's all in the right place but that can wait now till I sneak off tomorrow and hide in the garage.

Have a good evening all and a merry Christmas

·
hooligan quads
1,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Bit more work on the front end today.

First I found the brackets I made for the light unit before, then cut the top mount off. These will be welded to the top yoke in the future

Then I made a cardboard temple for the Speedo

Also welded up some of the subframe. Will need a bit of a clean up once it's all stripped down and few bits left to weld. Wasn't my best welding

Lastly as I now need to weld some ally figured I may as well give it ago
Lost more practice needed before I actually weld anything up on the bike I think, I can only just pass my steal welding off as welding

·
hooligan quads
1,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Apologies for the side ways photos for some me reason Tapatalk uploads them randomly, they are the right way up on my phone

·
hooligan quads
1,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Nightmare day today. Started to clean up some other bits of the engine. Cam cover ready so started on the head. It looked like it had a repair on one of the exhaust studs as it's the only one in the head. As I cleaned it I appears someone has drilled it or around it then used some sort of filler that just chips away. I can live with a stuck stud but not a shit job, so I cleaned out the filler, then used some flu-alu and filled in the voids. It seem strong enough but will probably try and find a new head in the future. It also needs a rounded bolt removing from the other side too but that's tomorrow's job

·
hooligan quads
1,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Not happy with my first idea for the light fittings. Just doesn't sit well having it fixed to the upper tree, so working on some sort of bracket. Found an old one of the XSR so that will be the base of it. See how it goes, need to work through some fixing issues.

Reactions: Leroy

·
hooligan quads
1,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Made a start on the light bracket, I'll finish it next year lol

Bars are just for mocking up

·
hooligan quads
1,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
More light bracket stuff, still playing with it

·
hooligan quads
1,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
forgot to add the bearing for the engine in here new total £257

Reactions: 370steve

·
hooligan quads
1,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
More head scratching on this light..

·
hooligan quads
1,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Think I settled on this one.

Bent up so bar, I brought some more tube but my bender won't bend it so mocking up with the bar see how it sits.

Had to make a couple of end caps for the bottom too

Finally my engine bearing turned up, but no work on the bike tomorrow I'm booked in for ink so I left it in the freezer for now.

·
hooligan quads
1,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Couple of days off build now, back to work soon.

Some of you will remember the loss we had just over two years ago. When that happened we were given an elephant soft toy for our daughter and it became a sort of symbol for the family as elephants never forget. I have for over a year been planning a tattoo one where I can relate too. My family was 5 I found a picture of a family of elephants. Today i finally got it inked, one session also a cover up, hurt like hell.

21 - 40 of 67 Posts