Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are some pics of a 99 Suzuki TL1000S I'm building. I found the original bike of SF Craigslist for $1600 or $1800 (I cant remember). It was ugly as sin and painted in a drab green. Underneath the green it had one coat of plastidip and several layers of other paint. However, mechanically it was a really good bike with plenty of power. I think they have 125 hp stock and this one had a modified air intake, Power Commander and custom exhaust. I figure that adds another 10% power or so. After I was done cutting it down I added a Arete café fighter tail and modified the sub frame to fit. I also upgraded all brake parts, rewired the front/rear wire harness and hid it behind the frame, added a KOSO gauge and a bunch of other stuff. The dry weight is down to about 365 lb. It's like flying a crop duster with a jet engine :)

It was a fun December project and I'm still working on it.

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. The V2 engines on these machines are awesome.

Reactions: n0regret5

·
Isn't as dumb as he seems
549 Posts
'97 TL1000S is my dream bike... So awesome build.
Love that you went with the cafe tail instead of just chopping it up and making it a bobber.

Anyway, what's the rectangular spot on the frame, with the three holes, there for?
Did the fairing attach there, coolant bottle, or what?
I could probably figure it out with google, but ehhh.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think the fairing was attached there.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts