oh my GOD!

·
(cheers smiley goes here)
4,286 Posts
Fook ME !

·
GURU
4,412 Posts
J.C.!!! Well, I'll be the one to say it...... that's what happens when you ride like a jackass! There's a time and place for everything.....120 thru the city???? Smart.:nuts:

·
Recent Transplant
2,664 Posts
Holy effing christ on a crutch... What can I say, a helmet, gloves, and back protector wont help you too much if you run into a wall at 60mph... at least he was wearing them though.

·
All star !!!
6,714 Posts
I saw that on another board not too long ago.....and I'll repeat what I said there:

" I too like watching the ghost rider vids...but I get on the bike myself...reality kicks in, and I don't try riding like him".

·
GURU
4,412 Posts
Yeah ghost riders vids are cool.....but everytime I watch him I think "It's only a matter of time until he kills himself. " I don't care how good you think you are.....

·
Function IS Form
19 Z900, 88 Kat11
17,434 Posts
Ghost Rider isn't a real man! how can he die?

Until you can safely say you're a member of the legion of the undead, leave the FreewayGP stuff to your masturbation fantasies.

Good to see he was wearing a back protector.

·
the Gixxer is BACK!
1,425 Posts
Coming home today some punk on a full fairing bike was weaving in and out of traffic like a jackass during RUSH hour.....even swerved by me on my bike....not cool!! Sadly, one day thats gonna happen to that kid!

·
Function IS Form
19 Z900, 88 Kat11
17,434 Posts
All I've got so far is a broken collarbone from riding bikes... out of so many wrecks...

A lot of injuries from other things though :(

·
ADAM FAN CLUB PRESIDENT
12,319 Posts
CdnStreetfighter said:
Coming home today some punk on a full fairing bike was weaving in and out of traffic like a jackass during RUSH hour.....even swerved by me on my bike....not cool!! Sadly, one day thats gonna happen to that kid!
was it me :D

·
Registered
191 Posts
Damn that really puts a whole new slant on my daily commute. I cant say I havent been part and party to jackassery on that level. But it kinda humanizes it.

·
Life's Short, Stunt it!
737 Posts
dang. thats some pretty morbid stuff right there. i just hope people learn from it. i mean, they make race tracks for a reason... riding that fast through the city is just nuts!

·
Registered
526 Posts
I dont think he was going through the actual city. I think he was going down the interstate which probably went through it but not actual city roads. And the back protector is part of the jacket...not a back protector itsself. I know ive been known to get on it quite a few times late at night. Whose to say he didnt just get the urge we all get sometimes to just give it WOT cause the interstate looked clear. But my god......the story was enough for me i really wasnt expecting the pictures.

·
I didn't click thru because I resist the morbid fascination urge.

It's like the rubber necking you see on freeways where traffic backs up and rear end shunts occur as they all eyeball the carnage on the other carriageway. Of course if I was first on the scene I'd be there to attend immediately in what ever I could do, but I mean when the rescue is already underway by emergency services.

You gotta defend against this mental imagery, its bad Kharma. You all know dam well that any collision is gonna fuck you up by varying degrees, so by all means be ultra alert at all times and don't be the hero when conditions dont allow. But If every time I gunned by bike to begin a good work out I imagined that I may not be back from this one, I think I'd be hanging up my spurs for ever. :knucks:

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
BB_DASLER said:
I didn't click thru because I resist the morbid fascination urge.

It's like the rubber necking you see on freeways where traffic backs up and rear end shunts occur as they all eyeball the carnage on the other carriageway. Of course if I was first on the scene I'd be there to attend immediately in what ever I could do, but I mean when the rescue is already underway by emergency services.

You gotta defend against this mental imagery, its bad Kharma. You all know dam well that any collision is gonna fuck you up by varying degrees, so by all means be ultra alert at all times and don't be the hero when conditions dont allow. But If every time I gunned by bike to begin a good work out I imagined that I may not be back from this one, I think I'd be hanging up my spurs for ever. :knucks:

Ok I agree with this. That is the reason I didn't post up the picks myself and left it up to everyone to look if they wanted too. I should have posted up the story and linked the pics.

Now I don't understand how you can say all that and condem the pics as "rubber necking" and bad karma then you post a pic yourself though?? I don't get it.

I posted this up as an eye opener. It seems to have worked. With all the riders I know nation wide, I literally go to too many damn funerals. I know it's a fact of life, but I feel that if I can open a few more eyes to the casualties that could be avoided then that is good karma on me!

1 - 20 of 38 Posts