Votes: 6 60.0%
  • Throw that bitch down the track you dumb fuck!!!!5

Votes: 4 40.0%
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alrighty boy and girls I'm still up in the air with what to do with fucking Ducati I picked up. I've gotten it turn run for just a second and then found the reason I couldn't get it really running it's missing the ecu. I order a used one off eBay just to get it started. Yes I know in order for me to in diagnostics and all that happy shit I need matching Ecu and keys. If I decide to keep her and whore her out I will buy those fancy Italian parts. She is in really great shape honestly and would make a great track bike on the other hand with her being in such great shape I could part her out and double triple my money. If I parted her out I would be keeping the front end rear rim and rear caliper besides that she would all be up for sale.

Help me with my decision. Am I being a dumbass just dreaming of having a 09 848 track bike? Or am I retarted for even thinking of parting her out and not throwing her down the track?

Do my poll and explain why you made that decision please

·
Oiler Boilereerer...er(s)
1,562 Posts
Keep in mind parting takes time and is a pain.

I'd rock the hell outta that on the track

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
☢
5,596 Posts
parting it will be a pain. seeing what parts are listed for on ebay is a lot different than actually selling them. be prepared to wait a while to sell everything, even them I think you'll have parts left over, unless you do a "lot" sale.

my local salvage yard wouldn't touch anything that wasn't mint. they haven't been selling nearly as much, and have cut shop hours down to only being open three days a week.

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I know the time effort it takes to part out bikes I've done it a few times. Honestly to get it on the track wouldn't cost to much. All it's missing is the side fairings and who needs those anyway?

This year my track time will be schools and track days not racing. Well if I get the chance to race and can get everything setup for it I'd race but I'm mostly putting my time into learning this year.

For what I paid for it the engine would cover the cost of the bike. I just joined a Ducati forum today so I can BS with them find out what It would cost to get it on the track and if I do decide to part it out bike specific forums buy the most of it.

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just looking around I can get a full race body work $400 I could probably sell the front cowl headlight tail light tail and seat for more than that lol

·
|||||||||||||||||||||||||
30,383 Posts

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I just had a guy on the duc forum told me he sunk 28k into his 848 to race and he regrets it everyday of his life. They are fun running around the track but if want to be competitive then you need open your wallet checking account savings account and kids collage funds. So after this ecu gets free and I get to do 1 wheelie on it and get a video of the motor running for sake purposes who wants some Ducati parts going cheap.

·
hate us cuz they ainus
1,827 Posts
that's pretty much what most people who bring their ducati to TPMs trackdays say.

they have their own little motto..... i cant remember what it was exactly but it went something like "ducati making mechanics outta motorcycle riders since 1906" or some shit like that

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
FUCK WORKING ON DUCATI!!!!!! There is not enough money in the world to make me happy working on these mother fuckers. I started working on the harness to get it running and decided I'm going to take off the airbox pull the plugs and check all that happy shit out. Trying to take off just the airbox HAHAHAHA manual in hand fighting I got the airbox and TBs off I didn't want the fucking TBs off just the air box god damn it. So now 100% this bitch is getting parted. My friend is bringing over his 11-12? 848 for me to ride to convince me to track mine. I'll take his for a spin no problem but he already mentioned to me that it's left him stranded 5 times in the past 2 months. So yea I'll rip his through some twistys do a wheelie on it and bring it back and ask him if wants any spare parts for his next break down.

Not to mention if I wanted to keep it to track it stock I would need
-new wiring harness $150-200
-new ecu gauge ignition gas cap lock set 1k-1.2k
-new tires $268 for q3s
-track plastics $600

Which equals who wants some fucking Ducati parts. I'm not even going to ride it and I DONT CARE at this point. I'm keeping the front end and rear wheel. Besides that frame motor swingarm airbox throttle bodies radiator oil cooler front fairing headlights exhaust ram air tubes fucked up wiring harness 1098 ecu all for sale plus more. I might keep the tail seats subframe and tail light but the right offer and that shit is gone too. FUCK IT. I'll take cash over any Ducati part all fucking day.

I'm opening a eBay store this week to try to get rid of the $5-8k worth of parts in my garage I'll make a CF discount code if you buy from there instead of off here.

One more time FUCK DUCATI!!!! I'm sticking with my I4s . Easy to work on I can get this 07 cbr600rr and track the fuck out that.

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Maybe it's just Yeager and Ducati don't mix........

No it's not every bolt is a tiny Allen head that hidden underneath something if I could just get the airbox off without it taking 2 fucking hours so I could look at the entire harness and figure out what what. I sat at staples with my laptop for 30 minutes emailing them different copies of the wiring digram trying to print one out that is legible. Nothing they even tried printing it out the one from the manual on the blue print printer and nope still can't read the color codes. God forbid they could make a color one. In the manual they show you all the "plates" in bright fucking green pink yellow but you're not allowed to read a actual digram. Why not? BECAUSE ITS A FUCKING DUCATI AND THATD BE TO GOD DAMN EASY!!!!

I'll give it one more shot tonight and if I still end up wanting to light it on fire and push it down the streets everything is going on eBay if I don't have any gasoline in my garage

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Yup it just a lot easier I just sold it without the rear wheel and front end for more than I paid for it. I think it's a good deal

1 - 20 of 25 Posts