Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Fight it till it's right
607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I sold my sv650 earlier this year and since then have looked around for something to ride around and clean up.

I found an 08 zx6r which apparently has been stunted a bit and has a bunch of broken plastics, missing relays (dash wont show any mileage/rev/etc.) but overall seems healthy, although the forks didn't give much went pushed up against and the triple tree main bearing was beat to shit (screw driver+hammer method it seems).

This is what the bike looks like:

The current owner is asking $2500 and it has 15k miles. The question is, should I pick it up, knowing that 636 are pretty sweet.
I have doubts/bad about the following:
- Forks bent?: the broken plastics seem to be very close to the front wheel - could be bad plastic alignment and couldn't tell visually
- cluster out: This means I can't verify mileage but seems like it would be simple to fix
- Missing engine bolts: The thing has a stunt cage, and at some point an engine bolt was removed (different engine?)
- Triple tree bearings: Obviously these were beaten to shit and will need to be replaced
- bunch of plastics missing: beyond the usual fairings, seat side covers, tail side covers, etc.

The good:
- some sort of dirtuy bars
- Aftermarket exhaust
- Engine cage

Should I pick this up??? I wanna ride and I figured I can add an extra $500 to clean it up and still have a descent bike.
It was started and sounded good - Not sure what noise the engine is suppose to make (coming from sv), but it seemed healthy.

Fighters, Help me get back on 2 wheels!

·
Fight it till it's right
607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yea changed it to zx6r - Just afraid of having to dump a bunch of $$ in it to make it worth ride it.
But I was looking for something to practice wheelies. :)

And would you pay the asking price?

·
Administrator
50,498 Posts
Always lowball mate . The downsides are a good downpricing argument! +anything with mesed up plastics is usualy not real desirable to most sqwids;) we on the other hand consider that a PRO!:robssmilie:

·
Fight it till it's right
607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Always lowball mate . The downsides are a good downpricing argument! +anything with mesed up plastics is usualy not real desirable to most sqwids;) we on the other hand consider that a PRO!:robssmilie:
Exactly my thought, the guy was even like "I don't like fighters" - I was like I do, so this would be perfect but didn't want to be too excited and wasn't sure about the forks, due to how mangled the triple tree nuts were.
aka these guys:

Could be nothing though, we'll see tomorrow.

·
Administrator
50,498 Posts
GL hope it works out good for you:thumbsup:

·
12oclock rock
30 Posts
I'm a noob here but a long time stunter , I'd snap that up if it was in the uk just for parts alone , but if u want a nice bike I wouldn't risk it , you don't know till you take it to bits , I've cracked frames , engine mounts , suspension is always shot and bearings , warped discs from hi speed stoppies , and my looms are always chopped , but then again the guy might be rich got it new and can't stunt proply then you've a bargain ask him if he has any vids so you can see how good and the level of abuse it's had

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 13 of 13 Posts