Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
That's Right!!!
667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took the R6 for a 600 mile round trip to Raleigh, NC and back this weekend to visit my friends Scott and his wife Erin and my little Godchildren. Was a fun time with many beers drank! Hahaha, Scott and myself were killing cases like it was no ones business.........then of course I hit on the hot latino girl at the Food Lion when we picked up more (shoulda got a pic of that)........anyways, interstate miles on a supersport bike is hard on ya, I suggest stopping more then I did (I just stood on the pegs and stretched out and moved around a lot in the saddle only stopping for gas). Also, I rode the second half of the trip in the rain (on the way back) which isn't a big deal to me since I'm used to riding in the rain. I didn't bring ear plugs as I used my MP3 player on the way up and nothing on the way down since the rain I didn't want music blasting...........ear plugs woulda saved me the second half of my day with no hearing :( Anyways, didn't shoot a lot of pics since we were BBQing and drinkin the whole time..........but here are my bike shots from the morning after I got there:

And then the Yuengling caused the shockers to be thrown:

Then I had to leave and the Godchildren didn't want me to go:

Oh and to add...........those were the first miles I've put on the bike other then riding it home from the shop :LolLolLolLol:

·
That's Right!!!
667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The Green Lantern said:
looks you had a great time dude:metal:
that r6 is sweet...just throw out those turn signals:D
They are for sure leaving, but I left them on as I didn't want to get pulled over for something as dumb as that:LolLolLolLol:

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,640 Posts
BMiller said:
They are for sure leaving, but I left them on as I didn't want to get pulled over for something as dumb as that:LolLolLolLol:
esp. when your travelling on highways.

you know what would make you more comfortable on long rides like that?.... dirtbike bars! haha thats my favorite thing about a fighter. i can ride for twice as long w/o stopping because my back and everything else doesnt hurt as much from leaning over.

bike looks sweet tho! nice and clean looking. good shit. how do you like your devil exhaust? i like the high mount!

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,640 Posts
The Green Lantern said:
you really wanna see that r6 fightered huh adam:LolLolLolLol:

they have such sexy tails and swingers...who doesnt! :rock:

·
That's Right!!!
667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
929_adam said:
esp. when your travelling on highways.

you know what would make you more comfortable on long rides like that?.... dirtbike bars! haha thats my favorite thing about a fighter. i can ride for twice as long w/o stopping because my back and everything else doesnt hurt as much from leaning over.

bike looks sweet tho! nice and clean looking. good shit. how do you like your devil exhaust? i like the high mount!
I LOVE the Devil Exhaust, this one is my second, here is the first one I had:

And on one of my Dragon Rides, a guy did have dirtbike bars on his R1 for that reason, but it was still full fairinged.

·
That's Right!!!
667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I did see 150 mph no problem though :evilred:

Still want to see what she'll do. I had the '03 at 164 with room to go.

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,640 Posts
BMiller said:
And on one of my Dragon Rides, a guy did have dirtbike bars on his R1 for that reason, but it was still full fairinged.

better than nothing i guess. must be kinda weird to duck behind fairings at speed with dirtbike bars.

did he have to cut his fairings to run the DB bars...usually you do b/c the bars wont turn all the way without hitting.

·
That's Right!!!
667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
929_adam said:
better than nothing i guess. must be kinda weird to duck behind fairings at speed with dirtbike bars.

did he have to cut his fairings to run the DB bars...usually you do b/c the bars wont turn all the way without hitting.
Nope, no cuts. Here are the only 2 pics of it I can find. It's the red/white one with the fuzzy seat.

The old guy in the white shirt, it's his.

·
ADAM FAN CLUB PRESIDENT
12,319 Posts
BMiller said:
I LOVE the Devil Exhaust, this one is my second, here is the first one I had:

sorry about the high jack but i had your r6 big brother:metal: i love the silver yammy's

·
That's Right!!!
667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The Green Lantern said:
why didnt he just get a fzr then ?????
FZR? You mean FZ1? If so, he liked the full fairing bikes, that and he can RIDE!!! He had it stock form first, then decided to make an ST outta it. He does a ton of highway miles, so it made more sense to do that then buy a new bike.

·
That's Right!!!
667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The Green Lantern said:

sorry about the high jack but i had your r6 big brother:metal: i love the silver yammy's
I ALMOST had one of those, but some crazy guy kept outbidding me, and for the work it needed I decided screw it........but not till I intentionally bid him up more:evilred:

·
ADAM FAN CLUB PRESIDENT
12,319 Posts
^ hahahaha awsome,ya i had mine trubo charged for a while then we scrapped that then threw on the nitrouse kit,then my best friend killed it

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,640 Posts
besides you KNOW an R1 is better than a FZ1...weight. suspension. etc.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts