Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

Tool organization

1K views 18 replies 11 participants last post by  spotarama 
I've got them in my box and love them.

Anyone have a good way to organize wrenches? I've seen the clip tray things but I don't like having to hold onto the tray as I pull out the wrench I need. I've thought about making my own but haven't taken the time to do it yet. Currently I leave all the metric ones loose in one drawer and SAE wrenches loose in another. I have a lot of them so it works for now. Just annoying when you're in a rush.

I am totally opposite. I have my sockets in one drawer, loose. I have them organized so I know where they go when I take one out. Wrenches are in the clip trays :D

I don't mind unclipping my wrenches, but you can wrap some sandpaper around a paint stick and open them up a bit if you want them looser.
I've gone over to peoples places to help with their projects and walked right out when they handed me a bucket/bin of sockets or I open the drawer and the sockets are scattered everywhere. That drives me nuts.

I'm really good at eyeball measuring wrenches but I never seem to get sockets right. I've noticed having those trays has significantly sped up the process of having someone hand me sockets when they have zero mechanical ability. "Medium sized gray tray. I need the long 14." Boom. Done. Otherwise they had to keep picking them up and try to read each socket and hope they put them back in the correct spot.

Ever since I invested in ratcheting wrenches I've been using sockets less and less. I'll have to try out the sandpaper idea. Can't believe I didn't think of that.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.