Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am having a little trouble in finding the right conversion to have raised bars on my 2006 gsxr 600. I am looking at some sv650 top triples in order to get the right fitment. What should I be looking for? Fork diameter, offset(what is this)? Anything specific? I am new to part swaps especially raised bar swaps.

Any help is much appreciated.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
My model is a 2006 Gsxr600. The forks are 50mm and the fork offset I have found to be 30mm?

If I find a model with the same fork diameter and offset size should it then work? I am looking at sv650 models but I am trying to find other bikes.

·
Is my bike ok?
15,025 Posts
Hey dude. Offset is the measurement from the center of the fork tubes to the center of the steering stem (shon here as 30mm).

You are correct that if the fork tube diameter and the offset match that it will bolt on, but you also need the hole diameter of the steering stem to match, as well as the fork spacing. Fork spacing is the dimension that is marked as 214mm in the above pic. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the info! I will be looking around now for these listed somewhere to get a match of a part that already has holes drilled for the risers. I never would have thought about fork spacing if you hadn't said anything.

Appreciate it!

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Has anyone managed to ever find a comprehensive list of bike models with fork tube diameters? I thought I found one but it only went up to 41mm. :( I am continuing to look around but if anyone had it saved that would be cool too!

·
Super Moderator
3,039 Posts
Why don't you buy a spare upper clamp, drill and reinforce it yourself? There should be a write-up in the forum already.

Later, Doug

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I was debating that method but I am not too comfortable with my own drilling as of now to be sure of how secure the upper is when riding..

Is it pretty simple to do? I looked at my upper and it seems as though drilling the hole on the left side would be difficult because of the location of the ignition hole.

·
Premium Member
282 Posts
Just drill the stock triple and reinforce the area under triple with aluminum blocks and riser bolt thru them.Had mine like that for years with no problem.Measure twice ,drill once and job done.Cheap and easy to do.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts