Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1982 honda magna that was crashed about three years ago... I have absolutely no experience with motorcycles and wanted to know if any one in my situation ever sucsessfully modded there bike and just learned as they went or if I'm better of paying some one to do it for me... The bike is not worth a lot but I will admit it has tons of sentimental value... Not in a big hurry to have it ready but also want it done right... How hard/ easy are these bikes to work on. And if I payed some one would I end up paying more than the bike is worth?? Thanks for any input in advance

·
Premium Member
50,498 Posts
do it yerself mate,learn by mistakes and enjoy the learning curve. Tissa huge thing when a bike ya bilt up with yer own hands fires up and whips ya down tha street turning heads evry so often;) GL :D

·
ThumpaMonsta
213 Posts
I'll put it in simpler terms :
This a real example, a mechanic friend of mine had to make a custom bracket for an exhaust that wasn't designed for the bike. He spent 3 hours on 2mm steel plate bracket that was about 10cm x 15cm, 150€ for a bracket any one could have done with a saw a file and a drill. But its the kind of thing that takes times to do. Especially when it's custom made !

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
740 Posts
You'd exceed the bike's value in about 3 hours at a shop.

Crashed...how? If it impacted something and bent the forks/frame, it's more or less a lost cause, just not worth it to fix unless there's a ton of sentimental value, and you don't mind putting a lot of money into a bike that might be worth $1500 if it was in perfect condition.

If it went for a slide and just smashed up the tank or side panels start looking on ebay for parts, more than likely they're NLA(or obscenely expensive) from Honda.

Get some basic tools if you don't have any, a service manual (google it), and tear into it yourself. The only really unpleasant part of a Honda V4 is getting the carbs in and out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts