Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Anyone out there attempted to build one of these TR750 frame kits with a GT750 donor engine?

Reactions: mcantar

·
I shit awesomeness
16,625 Posts
Can't believe no one ever commented on this.!?

I need to find out if this got built.

This is a freaking dream bike of mine! I almost bought a rolling chassis with engine many years back. That is until I ended up with a very expensive vacation in the hospital after getting sick and had no insurance. :oops:

One day i hope to finally acquire one.

·
Administrator
50,498 Posts
theres a ruff old GT750near me tissa lotta $s tho ,that TR750 looks lika killer project fer sure

·
I shit awesomeness
16,625 Posts
I pm'd busa to find out the status of this build. Waiting to hear back. Hopefully he's made Progress and didn't put this to the side.

Reactions: 370steve and ROBBO

·
I shit awesomeness
16,625 Posts
Thats not his. Hes just asking if any one has done it.
That's not what he told me. He said he's been collecting parts and is working on 2 other projects currently. He's hoping to get back to this guy come spring.

·
I shit awesomeness
16,625 Posts
Alright man, again I was just going by the info he told me in a PM. Thanks for clearing things up a bit. I'm looking forward to the build when he's able to start it. Long live the water buffalo!

·
Premium Member
962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
First time on here since back from vacation.... Didn't realize this opened back up.
I was originally asking about a frame kit that I found. I dug deeper into the options, and the one place that built them in the UK, had a great price....but wasn't planning on building anymore (long story about who owned the frame jig...). The company I found in Canada offered me a reasonably good discount, on one they had welded up, and wanted cleared out. But was over $3000 from what I can remember.
I inquired about getting the frame I had done up in a TR fashion from Framecrafters....but after several emails to them, I gave up with no reply's.
I have considered getting my own tube bender and weld up a stronger version of my stock frame. But too many other projects kept the TR pushed back, into just the idea stage.

This is the CMR kit I had the chance on several years ago....but couldn't decide if I wanted to go that route, or buy a worn out RZ500 with that kind of $$$$ ? So I did neither.... I think I ended up buying my other two RGV projects instead.....

I'm still going to do a GT/TR after the CBX and GS are done

================================================================================================

·
Premium Member
962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
This is all the further I have gotten with mine....:(
Yea......basically nowhere....

Reactions: F'dup

·
CAPTAIN AWESOME®
30,240 Posts
First time on here since back from vacation.... Didn't realize this opened back up.
I was originally asking about a frame kit that I found. I dug deeper into the options, and the one place that built them in the UK, had a great price....but wasn't planning on building anymore (long story about who owned the frame jig...). The company I found in Canada offered me a reasonably good discount, on one they had welded up, and wanted cleared out. But was over $3000 from what I can remember.
I inquired about getting the frame I had done up in a TR fashion from Framecrafters....but after several emails to them, I gave up with no reply's.
I have considered getting my own tube bender and weld up a stronger version of my stock frame. But too many other projects kept the TR pushed back, into just the idea stage.

This is the CMR kit I had the chance on several years ago....but couldn't decide if I wanted to go that route, or buy a worn out RZ500 with that kind of $$$$ ? So I did neither.... I think I ended up buying my other two RGV projects instead.....

I'm still going to do a GT/TR after the CBX and GS are done

================================================================================================

Thread dig :D :fu:

1. Just to torment Busa

2. Because we were just having a discussion about Curtis the other day and his frames for Deeley/Vesco back in the day (figured I would look on here for Curtis or CMR)

·
Premium Member
962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
That's the pipe setup I want for the bike I have on my table at the moment.
If / when I get a RZV....the GT/TR project will get pushed back even further......
.....if that's possible.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts