Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i finally got my b4 running on the belgium cdi and new coils:nuts: figures now that we have 4 bike on my insurance they wont let me add another. and a new policy is like 75 bux a year soo now i need to figure out what to do with it.

sell it off and pay off various debt.

run it as a track bike

suck it up and get insurance and pretty much just do track days and the odd run about

Thing is i would want to make sure everything is peachy before i spend 200 bux on a track day thats alot of dough for me.
what do u guys think
RW

·
Fucking Newb...Oh wait
7,631 Posts
Fuck it, sell it. If you already have 4 bikes on your insurance, I'd say put the money into one of those, I've gone down the dark road of having too many projects at once...not worth it

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
If you like it and want to keep it figure out which of your other 4 bikes you can do without and sell that. If you're happy with what you have sell it take the cash and spend it hookers and cocaine or beef up your current bikes. Hookers and cocaine are awesome though.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sorry I forgot to mention I share the policy with my dad and my wife. So only two of the bikes on the policy are mine.
We got my dads hardly sporty
My wife's nc700x that replaced the b4
My fz1
And the helix 250 which I commute to work on cause I work in a shady part of town and no one wants to steal a scoot held together with zip ties

I'm going to play around with different policy's maybe it won't cost as much to insure the helix on a separate policy.
My plan is to insure it to make sure all the bugs are worked out. I wouldn't want to hand off another project to someone else. So I would do one of two things
Trade it for a dual sport then I would sumo it and take that to the track. I would sell my helx and get some hard bags and commute on that. Cause riding in snow on a scooter sux.

The other idea is to get bugs worked out and track it and see where that goes. But if anyone wants to trade lemme know. I would prolly take a ninjette in trade too for a track commuter bike.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Its funny how things change quickly.
I was replacing the alternator when i noticed big rust holes in the frame around the a arms on my pt. i could just weld it but i go through 3 quarts of oil in 3 thou miles and various other probs so its time for a replacement cage.
so i guess i will be selling my bandit if anyone is interested.
medi Thanks for the offer but i really dont need anymore i can give ya a cf price for ya tho ur a bit of a drive :LolLolLolLol:
Ill post some pics later
Thanks for all the help guys
you guys rock
RW

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well I thought I would fill you guys in with what I ended up getting. Turned out it was parked in my new uncles driveway. We went to go look at a cj7 that was in "good running condition" well the fuel tank was held on with a ratchet tie down. And you could flinstone it home cause the floors were so rusty. They wanted two grand for it and wouldn't go any lower.
So on the way back my unk says I've got a 95 caprice wagon with the vette engine and you could have it for scrap. It's got a rusted out trans cooler line but otherwise in great shape. It's not the coolest thing in the world but its growing on me though I'm going to have to learn to drive an automatic. Ill have pics tommarow
Rw

·
Registered
222 Posts
Welcome to the big girl club..got a 95 caprice myself. If you have questions, just pm me..most stuff can be fixed with a hammer. Lol

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
The civilian model 1994-1996 Caprice wagon and 1994-1996 Buick Roadmaster wagon both got the same 260 hp 5.7 liter LT1 motor (the only one you could get in a wagon)...

... bring on the snow.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yeah this is the first time we will only have rwd cars only I may get snow tires this year for one if them
I'm going to miss having a clutch in the snow and being able to control the car more but o well
We plan on selling the crown vic in the future and saving for a wranger
Bring on the powar!!!

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
some pics
still working on the trans hose...
apparently its impossible to get a replacement so i went home and went to a place that makes hydro hose and got a custom one made. i could have just gotten steel line and spent a half day bending a line to make it but i really didnt want too.

some pics now
Rusty v8 powar!!!!!

the red whale?

still trying to decide what to do mod wize besides the headers its got a huge true dual exhaust might put some new cans on for anti prius protesting

my wife came up with the idea of tinting the windows and putting on the back in cheap hardware store stick on letters
Budget hearse
rent by the hour (multiple corpse discount)

tee hee gonna be fun
RW

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
No but it lets you go into the corner at a certain rev and stay in the power band instead of going in at idle and then shifting down with fluctuating power. On the plus side I'm looking for a t56. Tranny to swap in there once I get the manual in there and some suspension that actually suspends this thing is gonna be bad ass

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
O really I've seen the swap guide and looked at the people making various kits. Since I don't make much spare cash I was planning on buying parts as I can afford them. Just out of curiousity would you be willing to part with one and how much would you want for it?
Rw

1 - 20 of 22 Posts