Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
ZUK ATTaCK
2,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So. Never been to a track day. Always thought about it since I picked up the ktm. In that I will prolly never have a fighter that will pass tech.

So the bike felt good. I tend to sit on the bike in the corners - I blame it on streetriding to dig in to be more versatile if I need to be. I felt confident - bad...and was chasing the big bikes - novice class, in the more technical sections, and getting passed in the straights.

I should have realized I was chasing people. But, the weird part is I felt more than once(15+) that I was in a sketchy spot. But the bit I went down in I didn't feel at all weird and I was on my ass.

The bike made it out great. Wrecked the barkbuster, and axle slider. I could have attended the final session if I checked the lever instead of the cylinder. But we kind of gave up and called it a day. I attended with my dad on his 07 umph bonniville.

Pics:

Dad has the white helmet, I have the neon yellow icon variant.

Buelligan showing ?better? body position through turn 11.

Dad:

Turn(I was so...proud of before the lay down.)

So looking for some body position feedback regarding sumo riding. The buell guy seemed to pick it up regarding leading with your head even on a risered/pullback bar'd bike. Let me know.

I will be picking up pics regarding my lowside from another source soon, so I expect critique.

Nate

·
hate us cuz they ainus
1,827 Posts
it dosnt look horrible but... you are developing the same bad habit i am. trying to keep your head level through the turns. see how your body is leaned one way and you head the other, especially in the first and second pics.

·
Premium Member
1,336 Posts
One thing I've always heard as far as body position goes is "try to kiss the mirror." Puts your upper body out off the bike and low. I'm not track instructor, so YMMV.

·
ZUK ATTaCK
2,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I appreciate the looks. That makes sense about trying to put your head to the mirror.

I need to get further off the bike to help it stand up more in turns.

Thanks gents.

Nate

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 4 of 4 Posts