Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Idiot looking for village
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
'01 F4i with an '05 600RR front end. Wore down a brand new set of toe sliders and knee pucks, as well as my right peg (clockwise race direction).

Shot from a GoPro...

I absolutly cannot wrap my head around how tossable this bike is. I swear to shit, it's about as nimble as a 250. Unfreakin'real... I'm pretty sure the front end geometry has a lot to do with it, but also because I removed a shit ton of weight. And before you cry about the subframe- I have a better one in the works (been in the works for a long ass time), so it's not staying like that. ;)

·
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
tch it's good you admitted this or suddenly a bunch of kids on this forum would go on a track and try to go fast and get blown off their bikes from the wind above 100
:doh::LolLolLolLol:;)

·
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks. That was the guy on the KTM's call for music and editing. There's another track day on September 25th, and I plan on having multiple GoPro's on various parts of the bike for a longer multi- view video.

Reactions: D-ron and ROBBO

·
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
awesome!!!!

it's amazing how much lighter it feels once you remove all the unnecessary shit that the factories put on, eh?
YES! I suspect there's about another 15 lbs. to be removed before I have to start spending big bucks on carbon fiber stuff. Next track day, I'm going to throw it on the scales to see what it weighs with a full tank. I think a major contributor to the razor sharp turn in and transient response is how the front end geometry changed with the 600RR swap. I never measured, but I believe the 600RR front end to be shorter than the F4i front end, and if that's the case, the rake and trail have been significantly reduced. I believe this because I rode the bike more or less the way it is, but with the F4i front end, and it felt much more stable and didn't head shake when I would shift under heavy throttle the way it does now. If you watch me close in that video, there's a few points you can actually see me pick the bike back up after initial turn in because it wants to turn so hard.

Either way, I've decided to not bother with trying to make it street legal, and will clean up the tail a bit, gut the wiring harness, paint it up some, and use it as my kart track assault weapon. Track F4ighter. Fuck yeah. :rock:

·
Fast ZX-12R
17,522 Posts
Nice vid and pics.

Reactions: ROBBO

·
Premium Member
50,498 Posts
Didya havta follow tha leader?Looked like ya couda whiped rite past tha buggar at any bend lad!

Noice vid fer sure thanks mate !:knucks:

·
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
No, I didn't have to play follow the leader at all. It was late in the day, so I said to my buddy with the KTM, "let me follow you for a few laps so we can get some footage of me." And I did. And then I passed his ass and never saw him again.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts